PDA

View Full Version : Why does my Sears' have no lost and found?

SnuggleBuggles
02-24-2009, 04:10 PM
We lost ds2's hat there last Thursday. That hat was originally ds1's and I loved it so much. It was the Gap Crazy Stripe fleece hat with little tossle on the top and ear cover. We have the matching sweater and mittens. Ds2 must have tossed it when we were in the store. I tried calling and every time I called they passed me off to someone else and the phone just rang and rang. So, I drove back out there today to track it down. After talking to a few people they said they have no lost and found and they just toss stuff out that they find. WTF?? Why don't they hold onto it even for a week then donate it or something?? The manager acted like I was crazy when I suggested having a lost and found.

The cashier was nice and tried to be helpful. The store manager sucked. He said he would check on it. He was gone 2 minutes and just said he didn't see it. Thing is, he never really asked what he was looking for AND he was only gone 2 minutes but the cashier had indicated that the place he would have looked was way across the store. I don't think he even looked! (they hav no lost and found but every so often someone puts something in the security office for a bit.)

I loved the hat. I didn't realize how much till they told me it was gone. I am hormonal due to the time of month but wouldn' you know it, I cried for like 5 minutes about it. I'm still sad.

I am currently searching ebay for it but it seems they had another line named that and that is all I am finding. It's my new quest. :)

Honestly, how hard is it to have a lost and found?? And really, just throwing things in the garbage??

Beth

daniele_ut
02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm so sorry! I think we have the same hat and mittens from DS and I still haven't been able to part with them just in case we have another boy. I loved them too.

Canna
02-25-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry! Not to hijak your bitch, but your post reminded me of when my 4 year-old was a baby and I accidentally left a handmade (and beautiful) Mei Tai in a Sear's dressing room! I must have been a little frazzled because I thought I had put it in my car and didn't realize until about three days later that Sears was where I had taken it off and left it.

When I called my Sears, frantic, they told me that someone had, indeed, found my Mei Tai. And yes, the store had a Lost and Found. However, my Mei Tai had never gone there. They had kept it behind the register for a couple of days. When no one claimed it - they THREW IT AWAY! Seriously, this is what they told me. Just for my own piece of mind I went back to the store to look for it and ask other employees if by any chance it hadn't really been thrown away. I looked in the Lost and Found and there were old crappy sippy cups in there. But, they threw away my Mei Tai. "We weren't sure what it was," they claimed. WTF??

So yeah, losing things at Sears totally sucks. And unhelpful people suck.

s7714
02-25-2009, 07:50 PM
I hate places that don't have a L&F! My DD left a favorite doll at a TGI Fridays restaurant one time. We realized we must of left it there within minutes of leaving and called to tell them we'd be back for it. The manager was like "oh, if they found it, they probably already threw it out." I about threw a fit as we'd just walked out the door literally five minutes earlier. He then put me on hold to ask the busers and allegedly they all said they hadn't seen the doll. (We went back to the restaurant too but couldn't find it.) The manager was a syrupy apologetic and offered a $5 gift certificate, but it was a moot point as far as I was concerned. I mean if someone left a diamond bracelet sitting on a chair they're telling me they'd just toss it (or pocket it) and not keep it in case the person came back?

I hope you find another one of the hats somewhere!