PDA

View Full Version : Just Burdened.

ha98ed14
02-24-2009, 05:02 PM
The CA state budget cut funds to education so they cut the classes I needed at the college and the there are layoffs and the salary cuts coming for teachers (my H and our only income) and they are increasing in our rent (yes increase! in this economy) and our DCP is taking on more kids to make ends meet and the emotional up and down of the housing market: yes house, no house, higher offer, lower offer, up interest rate, down interest rate, and disappointment when you don't get it. I am just plain worn out. Too tired to have much patience for DD. DH feels like a "bad provider" because of the paycut. Like he could have changed it and he could never have been a businessman. But I have to carry that emotional burden to convince him he isn't. And DHs friend for 10+ years won't speak to us. We aren't sure why. We have called , asked, reached out via other friends. I just feel... burdened. I know it could be worse. He has A job. We are better off than many in this economy. But I still feel squeezed. I do believe that "the universe is unfolding as it should even if it is not clear to me." But I also think that "God helps those ho help themselves." I know I just have to keep going, putting my best foot forward. But sometimes that is really hard to do. Somebody send me some PTs, please. Someone on here has gotta like me...

kedss
02-24-2009, 05:07 PM
big hugs, mama-sending some mojo your way :)

elektra
02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Try to keep hanging in there! I think you eventually said you felt ok about the DCP situation after the initial worry, right? I totally get that it's more like combined net effect of everything vs. each individual thing though.
It's definitely ok to give yourself a break too though, and allow yourself to feel bad, as it sounds like are trying to be supportive of everyone else, which leaves less time for you to get the support that you need.
Just make sure you pick yourself back up and keep on truckin'. Things WILL get better.

MontrealMum
02-24-2009, 05:42 PM
That's a lot to be worrying about right now. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that you're able to get to a more peaceful spot, and sending lots of P&PT your way :grouphug:

egoldber
02-24-2009, 07:05 PM
:grouphug:

set81616
02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
hugs.
Shannon

jgenie
02-24-2009, 08:52 PM
:hug5: Hope your load lightens soon.

ha98ed14
02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Try to keep hanging in there! I think you eventually said you felt ok about the DCP situation after the initial worry, right?

In the end I decided to take DD out of daycare because of the coming paycut for DH. I figure might as well start saving now before it actually hits. It is 450-500 dollars per month I can keep in my pocket because she was going 3 days per week. I'm going to piece it together from MIL (who FINALLY stepped up to help! Thank you, God!) and my now very super preggers old babysitter who I guess loves DD more than I thought cause she is willing to take her back. So that is a ray of good.

But I got two phone calls since I first posted, my rental office will not let me go month to month without upping the rent anouther $150 (on top of the normal rent) and that house I thought was so wonderful will not be mine...

But thank you guys for the support :) I needed a group hug!

elephantmeg
02-24-2009, 09:52 PM
huge hugs and PT to you!

turtledove
02-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Hugs to you!

Staraglimmer
02-24-2009, 11:51 PM
:grouphug:to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

niccig
02-25-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm going to piece it together from MIL (who FINALLY stepped up to help! Thank you, God!) and my now very super preggers old babysitter who I guess loves DD more than I thought cause she is willing to take her back. So that is a ray of good.

Yay MIL. For all the time she gives to the other grandkids, yes she certainly can help with DD!

But I got two phone calls since I first posted, my rental office will not let me go month to month without upping the rent anouther $150 (on top of the normal rent)
YUK. Ok, this sucks.

and that house I thought was so wonderful will not be mine...

Don't give up on buying though. I've been reading that some people expect SoCal prices to drop further this year, so waiting could save you lots of money if prices do fall more. Not so good for some us who would love to sell, but good for you if you can buy.

Hang in there, I hope things get easier.

amandabea
02-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Hugs, I'm sorry things (everything) is so stressful. Hang in there, it will get better.

maestramommy
02-25-2009, 08:03 AM
:hug::hug5:

hbridge
02-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I am right there with you. The finances at the moment are pretty scary around here too. We've had a car die and need to be replaced, a storm that caused thousands of dollars in uninsured damages (not to mention insurance deductibles), along with other random unexpected expenses. The excise tax bills for the cars just arrived and I had a good cry (it did help some). I just keep thinking it will get better and we have income! So lots of hugs; life will get better (or at least we will learn to manage)...

KBecks
02-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I hope it gets better soon. And I hope you get to do something free and fun soon.

ha98ed14
02-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks everybody. I just got back from the tax man. It's gonna take him a week to figure this stuff out because of the up and down of the market. I had an emotional reaction on that fist bad Monday in September and sold out of everything. It's what we are now trying to use as a downpayment. It was the last vestage of my pre-married life, my money from before I was married. And it was reduced to pennies. The only good news is it is a tax write off. But at least it is now in the tax man's hands so I don't have to worry about it for a week.

I called a new realtor. The other gal was lovely, but she is semi retired. This guy works 14 hour days. Just from talking to him, I would think he was all bluff, but 2 families from our church have used him and liked him and he goes to our church too, so I feel like that is a good reference. I am hoping he can find us something before our lease runs out in April and we would have to pay the higher rent.

Wow. I am really posting ALL my business on here, huh? Glad I am in the BP and not the lounge. Somehow it feels like the more appropriate place to spill your guts because I'm sure most people don't wanna hear it. They have their own troubles. But I gotta say Thank you to everyone for all the support. And Montreal Mom and KBecks and egoldber and niccig and Maestramommy, you guys feel like old friends. You always respond to my posts. Even if it is just on-line and we only know the on-line persona; right now, it feels like friends and I am grateful. Thanks gals. You're the bright spot in my day today.

niccig
02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow. I am really posting ALL my business on here, huh? Glad I am in the BP and not the lounge. Somehow it feels like the more appropriate place to spill your guts because I'm sure most people don't wanna hear it. They have their own troubles. But I gotta say Thank you to everyone for all the support. And Montreal Mom and KBecks and egoldber and niccig and Maestramommy, you guys feel like old friends. You always respond to my posts. Even if it is just on-line and we only know the on-line persona; right now, it feels like friends and I am grateful. Thanks gals. You're the bright spot in my day today.

Vent away. This place gets me through some days or issues that I can't talk about with people IRL. SAHM can be really lonely at times.

Hey, I got an email from our mortgage guy, we're seeing if we can refi. He said in the stimulus or maybe housing, there's an $8000 tax CREDIT for first time buyers under certain incomes. I'll PM you the details, it might be something that could help with buying house...

MontrealMum
02-25-2009, 09:02 PM
I sometimes feel funny referring to "my friend" in California, or BC or wherever, but this really is an amazing support system, and I also feel like I've found some great friends here, even if it is virtual. So, yes, vent away - and I hope you can find some good solutions soon! You are one bright mama though, so I'm sure you'll make some good decisions :)

Fairy
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Hugs :hug:

ha98ed14
02-25-2009, 09:32 PM
So, yes, vent away - and I hope you can find some good solutions soon! You are one bright mama though, so I'm sure you'll make some good decisions :)

You made me smile. And then tear up. I'm feeling fah-klempt. Lol. Thank you.