PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Playhouse

katydid1971
02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
I was looking at a playhouse at costco. Its cute but kinda busy
http://www.kidkraft.com/catalog/furniture.asp?catid=16&subcatid=16&itemid=00135
at walmart today I saw a cute one but can't find it on their website. It looks like it might be made of redwood. It is $200. Would love feedback on your experience with these any suggestions would be welcome. Sorry this is so choppy, I'm typing and trying to watch the state of the union at the same time. :)
Thanks so much

sariana
02-25-2009, 01:50 AM
I saw that playhouse at Costco. I am trying to convince my DH that we should get it for DS (4 1/2). DD (13 months) would use it too.

They had one last year that I wanted. I lost that argument. DS would so love to have a playhouse, and we have the yard space. We live in SoCal, so it would be a year-round toy.

Sorry, I can't offer any advice. I guess I'm just venting. I hope someone else offers an opinion because I think the Costco house is adorable.

fivi2
02-25-2009, 11:13 AM
We have last year's costco house. It is cute. My girls were just past two when we got it and are now just past 3. They play with it some. Not all the time, but enough. Whenever friends come over they (the friends) love to play in it. This year's looks like it has more stuff.

I liked the looks of it and don't regret it, but I can't see my girls caring what the playhouse looks like. I stalked craigslist for a used one (including plastic) and never had any luck. I would have been just as happy with a used plastic one - some of them have neat features also.

So - I am not wildly enthusiastic, but I don't think it was a bad purchase, if that makes sense. It is cute and they play with it some. I think that would be the same no matter what we had gotten.

It was a big PITA to put together, but it has held up fine. It is kind of small - fine for them now, but probably only another couple years. (but the dimensions seemed the same as most others out there, so I don't think it is unusually small. my sister and I grew up with two story one my dad built, so that is what I compare it to in my mind!)

eta: re-reading this, I think I sound negative. I don't mean to - it is a nice house. I just don't think they would have cared what it looked like!

MMMommy
02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
If you are okay with an indoor wooden one, we have this wood Kidkraft Playhouse. But at the time, we paid $200 for it! A steal at $49.99. It is well made and very cute. Also, you can take it apart and rebuild it over and over again. It is for indoor use b/c the wood isn't treated for outdoor use. But it is a solid house once put together.

https://www.tuesdaymorningoffer.com/dsp_productDetail.asp?pid=2652