PDA

View Full Version : Which Double Stroller?

danira
02-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi,
I'm new to this board and am totally overwhelmed by all the different choices out there... :)

I'm going to register at BRU and Target in the next couple weeks and am wondering if anyone has any good reccomendations for a double stroller?

I am pretty comfortable with my choice for infant carseats/snap and go but for when they are a bit older I'm looking for a good Dstroller that will work well with going for walks around the neighboorhood and mall trips. My house is limited in space as is my car (for now) so to have a jogger and an "umbrella" type would be too much.
Anyone have an suggestions on something that would work well as both?

Thanks!

k_null81
02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
After lots of research I think I have finally decided on a Baby Jogger City Mini Double. Are twins aren't due till August so we still have a little time to look around.

Good Luck in your search and hopefully some already seasoned twin parent's will chime in. :)

ahrimie
02-25-2009, 01:17 PM
The Baby Jogger Elite is a favorite double on this board. But it also depends on how you plan on using the stroller too. My sis-in-law uses that and loves it. It has a really smooth push. I'd also look at the Bob doubles.

I'm a newer parent so I'm not as seasoned but IME, BRU and Target do not carry nicer strollers in store (though they may have them online). There's a Buy Buy Baby near me (finally!) and they have a wide variety of strollers from lower to higher end. You might want to go to a store like that to test them out too.

arivecchi
02-25-2009, 02:11 PM
The Baby Jogger Elite is a favorite double on this board. But it also depends on how you plan on using the stroller too. My sis-in-law uses that and loves it. It has a really smooth push. I'd also look at the Bob doubles.

I'm a newer parent so I'm not as seasoned but IME, BRU and Target do not carry nicer strollers in store (though they may have them online). There's a Buy Buy Baby near me (finally!) and they have a wide variety of strollers from lower to higher end. You might want to go to a store like that to test them out too.

BRU carries Baby Jogger online.

twowhat?
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Baby Jogger City Mini Double! LOVE ours. It's light enough for everyday use, but "all-terrain" enough with front-wheel suspension to handle cracks in sidewalks and the occasional roll through grass. We have the double snap n go too but it is getting cumbersome to push as the twins are getting heavier. The Baby Jogger will be our only stroller until it is outgrown. Got it from amazon.com, on a lucky day when for some reason the color that we wanted was marked down by $100.

fivi2
02-25-2009, 05:29 PM
We started with the double snap and go, then moved to the Baby Jogger City Double (the original one, this was before mini and elite or whatever). I loved both of them. The BJCD has been pretty much our only stroller and we use it all the time.

danira
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone it sounds like the Baby Jogger City Mini is a great pick... I have a Mazda3 hatchback, how compact does the stroller fold down too? Anyone know the dimensions?

shoremom
02-26-2009, 11:26 PM
I love my BoB. I am not a serious jogger, but love to walk. It is a smooth ride.

Kindra178
03-03-2009, 03:32 PM
The Bob Duallie is the best. You can't put newborns in there though - you can use the snap n go for the first 8 weeks and then transition. Lots of mom of multiples clubs have resales where double snap n gos sell for fairly cheap. Back to the Duallie - you will not find a stroller that handles any better. You can literally push it with one finger. I have the Valco Double too (with the toddler seat) and that pushes like a tank.

WatchingThemGrow
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
The BOB duallie IS all those things, with the exception of mall-friendly. IME it was just too long to maneuver indoors. The BJCED is the better part of a foot shorter, but I can't remember how much. The BOB's width is just a hair more as well, which meant the same doors that the BOB barely went through (and scraped), the BJCED sailed through. The push is a touch better on the BOB and you can run with it, but the BJ is a little bit more versatile for everyday use, IME. I've had them both.

I'm actually getting the City Mini Double soon b/c while pg, the weight of the BJCED is not so handy.

Oak
03-05-2009, 11:00 PM
There are so many strollers out there, and it is hard to find the right one for the right price with the right features. I spent a lot of time choosing a stroller when we had my toddler, and then again when we had the twins. For my toddler I chose to have a lightweight, comfortable stroller with all the bells and whistles that was easy to fold. I chose the Zooper Waltz and my wife and I absolutely love that stroller. Since we were impressed with the Waltz, we also got the Zooper Boogie to take him to the park and events like that. We got it on sale at a good price and it is a nice stroller, probably the nicest one we could have gotten at the time when we purchased it on sale. Again, it came with all of the accessories with it, however, it was a little heavy. The nice feature about it is that you can have the child either facing out or facing you. We also bought an umbrella stroller to put in our second car. It was nice in a pinch, etc.. I thought we were done and we would have all we needed... the useful everyday stroller and the all-terrain stroller which was not used that much.

Then along came the twins... We decided a double Snap & Go was the way to go to begin with and we had the Graco infant Snugride carseats to use with it. It worked out nicely. I would strongly suggest you getting, using this combination with newborn twins, especially if you can find one used. If I bought a new one, I would probably see if it could support the Graco 32 Snugrides or whatever is available at the time. This stroller with the two car seats is a fabulous setup for newborns, especially in the winter.

Next, we looked for and decided on our everyday stroller. We chose a Baby Jogger City Mini Double. I love this stroller, but there are a couple things about it I am not too crazy about. It is a little narrow. Baby Jogger is awesome quality, but you spend a lot on the stroller and then they nickle and dime you, actually they benjamin you practically for every accessory for it. I guess we were spoiled with the Zoopers. Lastly, I love the way it folds, but it doesn't stay together folded and it allows the handle and top of the stroller to get dirty as it is near the ground. Again, very different than the upright fold of the Zooper Waltz. The stroller handles well and the babies are relatively comfortable in it, however, the basket, although useable is a little small. BJ would do well to offer quality items with the stroller. Why do I need to buy a bar, a rain cover, a drink holder, etc., when the thing was so darn expensive?

We also bought a used 2007 Valco Runabout Trimode Double. This is an awesome, plush stroller with excellent engineering and extremely comfortable for the babies and the adult pushing. We actually got it with the toddler seat attachment and used it with our twins and the toddler. However, it was expensive used and it was really big and a little difficult to fold and quite heavy. Our toddler is a little older and hardly ever sat in the third seat, actually only when he was tired. And when he was tired, that seat wasn't that comfortable and exposed him to the sun and wind, etc.. So, we sold our Valco. I actually sold it for more than I paid for it, so it was a good deal. If size and price isn't that important and you want a fabulous stroller for going around the block or on trails, etc., then I would suggest this one. It really is neat. And the one that we bought was essentially brand new.

Well, when we sold it, I realized that we needed a good All-Terrain Stroller. Well, I love the Baby Jogger, even with its "short falls", and I purchased a used Baby Jogger City Double Classic 2007 for about $200. I cleaned it up and it works perfectly. It still folds like the BJ Mini, but it is a little wider in the seat department and like the Valco, the Baby Joggers are small enough (under 30 inches) that they fit inside doors, etc. By the way, the BJ fabric is removeable and washable and so is the fabric on the Zoopers. I don't remember if the Valco was or not.

Next, I decided on one last purchase. I have been able to buy a Zooper Waltz, just like the other one but a different color at a great price, $40. So, for more versatility, I can use either the Baby Jogger City Double, Mini Double or two single awesome Waltz strollers which are very nice when two people go out with the twins, but may not work great unless we go somewhere with 3 adults (just in case the toddler needs a rest).

My suggestion on strollers for anybody wanting versatility would be to invest in a Double
Snap and Go for convenience and then for a Baby Jogger City Double Classic. The mini is nice, but if you have the room in your vehicle and the extra weight doesn't bother you or the additional cost, go for the regular Baby Jogger Double. If I lived in the city, I would pass up on the Double Snap and Go and get the BJ Double regular or the Valco, storage room permitting.

Vetchic
03-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Twins aren't here yet but we got a double snap n go (for our shower) to use with our snugrides.
It is soooo easy to fold down and so lightweight, which was important to me if I were to be on an outing alone (and it needs to fit in the trunk of our Honda Civic!) Not sure about the next stroller. Will wait a couple of moths before doing some more research on that.