PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Needed on Shermag Upholstered Glider 37204

faye1218
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I was wondering if any of you had feedback on the Shermag Upholstered Glider 37204? I'm not a big fan of the traditional wood gliders and would like something that will look good both in the nursery or the living room. The best price I can find is about $285.00 shipped. My budget is below $300 and am planning to use a Medela Nursing Stool rather than purchasing the matching glider. I emailed Shermag and they said this chair glides, reclines and swivels...it advertises a high chair back and armrests for nursing. Does anybody have any experience with this chair? Looking for feedback on comfort and quality and if you have any other suggestions for a similar type of chair within this price range! TIA!

Here is a picture of it:

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/global/images/clear.gif

Description:

Now you can have the Supersmooth Kit for maximum comfort and reliability. This kit includes both the Super Smooth Glider/ Rocking Chair as well as the Super Smooth upholstered Ottoman. The Shermag Upholstered Glider/Rocking Chair is Designed for both in and out of the Nursery. If you are looking for High Comfort for You and Your Baby, you have found it. The Shermag Upholstered Glider/Rocker is designed to provide maximum support and comfort for both you and baby.The Shermag Super Smooth Ottoman is an Excellent addition to the Shermag Upholstered Glider. The Upholstered Ottoman, can be used in the Nursery and anywhere else in the Home. If you are looking for a Super Smooth Upholstered Ottoman YOU HAVE FOUND IT. Everyone Needs a Place to relax after a Long Day. Just put Your Feet Up and Glide Away. The Shermag Super Smooth Ottoman provides the Right Height for you to place your feet for nursing, or Simply to Glide Your Little One to Sleep.

Features:
Extra Smooth Rocking/Gliding
Removable Seat Cushions
Extra High Arms to assist in Cradling
Wide Seat allows for extra Comfort
Extra Tall Back Provides Back Support, and Neck and Head Support
Steel Tubular Ring Base
Ball Bearing Smooth Swivel Action
High Density Super Soft Foam
The Frame is ALL Hardwood Construction
Super Strong No Sag Springs
Easy to Assemble Comes Complete with ALL Tools for Assembly
Wipes Clean with Mild Soap and Water
Extra Plush Easy-Care Micro-Fiber Fabric with Soft Cushioned Seat and Back

Ottoman Features
Easy to Assemble.
Smooth Motion Ball Bearing Glide System, that will ensure Years of Worry Free Gliding
Perfect Addition to the Shermag Glider
Provides the Right Height for Nursing or Relaxing.
High Density Super Soft Foam
No Sag Springs
All Hardwood Frame Construction
Extra Plush Easy-Care Micro-Fiber Fabric Cushioned Seat

Indianamom2
02-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I couldn't get the link to work, but I do own a Shermag glider/ottoman pair.

I've had them for about 5 years now and I don't have any complaints. I paid less than $300 (on sale) for both and they have held up perfectly. I have tried out other gliders, but none of them have a smooth a glide to them as the Shermag...at least not for the money. The Dutalier gliders are as good, but more expensive.

I would not hesitate to buy that brand again.

Christina

faye1218
02-25-2009, 05:39 PM
http://www.livingincomfort.com/images/medium/bk30350-pic.jpg

Try this link...

lorinda714
02-25-2009, 08:01 PM
My husband and I ordered the same chair in a lighter color from Target.com (http://www.target.com/Shermag-Chloe-Upholstered-Glider-Tan/dp/B0019VODCA/qid=1235605829/ref=br_1_1/187-1164681-0351940?ie=UTF8&node=15347301&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1) for our nursery and we ended up returning it. There were a few things about it that we didn't like. For instance, in the sitting position, it sits very upright, so you're leaning slightly forward while sitting in it. The lever that we assumed was supposed to recline the chair seemed to do nothing. It was easier to recline it by just pushing backwards instead of using the lever. The bottom cushion on the chair (the part that you sit on) sticks out over the skirt in the front, which looks kind of weird when the chair isn't reclined. The back and the sides of the chair didn't seem to line up smoothly, so there was a gap between the skirt and the sides of the chair.

That being said, it was priced significantly lower than most of the other upholstered nursery chairs I've seen and was comfortable to sit in when it was reclined. We just decided we'd rather get a nicer looking chair and pay more. I hope that helps!

mommatotwo
04-01-2009, 12:57 AM
I have been looking for a great deal on a glider that upholstered as well. I came across this website today with the Shermag being advertised as being $149.99 with free shipping but its the chair and ottoman. I am wanting to buy it, but afraid I might not like it because I have not seen it in person. Does anyone know of this brand and this chair. People are telling me this is a great deal and to buy it buy I am not sure. The URL is http://www.pishposhbaby.com/37201g80181.html. Any help? Thanks!

aliciamt7
04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I have been looking for a great deal on a glider that upholstered as well. I came across this website today with the Shermag being advertised as being $149.99 with free shipping but its the chair and ottoman. I am wanting to buy it, but afraid I might not like it because I have not seen it in person. Does anyone know of this brand and this chair. People are telling me this is a great deal and to buy it buy I am not sure. The URL is http://www.pishposhbaby.com/37201g80181.html. Any help? Thanks!

Just wanted to let you know that that $149 is for the ottoman ONLY, not the glider. The matching glider is $399. See the description--Glider Sold Separately!