PDA

View Full Version : Ragazzi cribs

newdaddy2009
02-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi

Ive searched this site but havent found any recent info about the quality of Ragazzi furniture since the change of hands. Buy Buy Baby is carrying Ragazzi, the Etruria line in particular. My wife and I are consider getting this crib and dresser from them. Youre thoughts?

MahoeBay
03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Saw various styles of Ragazzi at Great Beginnings in MD this weekend, and we were very impressed with the quality.

We are having twins (boys), and the nursery cannot accommodate both cribs lengthwise against the same wall along with a dresser/changing table. Therefore conversion cribs won't work (due to the two headboards taking up too much space on the same wall). So, we are only looking at cribs that can convert up to toddler beds-- we'll probably go with bunk beds afterwards.

This has severely limited our options, as we are only looking at cribs with drop-down rails. The Pali models that we saw were severely scratched due to the up & down motions, and the sides were very flimsy when putting weight into it to lower the rails. The Ragazzi showed no signs of scratches, and the side rail was much more substantial as it never bent or bowed when lowering or raising. The Munire Olde World models we saw (at Baby 2 Teen in Manassas, VA) looked substantial, but I was very disappointed with the floor models as they showed various cracks & chips that did not seem to be normal wear & tear caused from being in the showroom. SincetThe Munire's don't have drop down rails, we ruled them out due to both the finish & fit quality as well as the lack of features that we needed.

I know the jury seems to be out on Ragazzi, their Customer Service, and the overall opinion due to the new ownership, but I have yet to see anything that fits our needs (non-conversion cribs) any better. We are going ahead and ordering it, so we will keep you posted on the outcome We'll keep our fingers crossed!