PDA

View Full Version : Borders.com

mominkc
02-26-2009, 11:47 AM
I had an experience with Borders.com which I would like to share. I placed an order and paid via Borders gift card, but later got an email that my order is back ordered for so many weeks. Since I could not wait that long because the item (dvd boxed set) was a gift so I called them and cancel it. The lady told me on the phone that the amount would go back on my gift card. I checked a couple of days later but it did not. I emailed them again and they told me that I would receive another gift card and the amount would not be credited. It took them 9 weeks to mail me the gift card, although my cancellation was processed within 24 hours. I had to wait for a long time and since I have not ordered online before at any other website using a gift card, so I am not sure if they all do that. But I just wanted to share my experience.

ett
03-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I had a similar experience. I ordered from Borders.com with a gift card but the item was backordered for so long so I cancelled it and they were suppose to send me a gift card. I waited weeks and weeks and got nothing. Called them several times and they told me keep waiting. Finally, they said they would send it again. I asked if they could send it with tracking. They said they couldn't. I said that I didn't want to deal with that any longer, and if they would just give me to amount in borders bucks instead. They did and gave me a bit more for the inconvenience. I was very disappointed in how slow things took and how long it took for me to get my money back. So now when I order with a Borders gc, I make sure that the item says ship within 24 hours.