PDA

View Full Version : Which ikea high chair?

daisyd
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
I read old threads on the ikea high chairs and found 2 of them.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00145060

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30069724

They are $40 and $20 respectively. The former appears new. Has anyone got it and in what ways is it better or worse than the basic model?
Thanks!

ljackson
02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
We don't have either but DD has used the second one (more times than I care to remember!) at the IKEA restaurant and I would go for that one. The other one sounds as though it would be more of a pain to keep clean as it would be easy for crumbs to get stuck in the fabric.

daisyd
02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Lindsay, thanks for your input. I am leaning towards the antilop as it wipes clean and does not add to my laundry mountain :)
Would love to hear other opinions...

bubbaray
02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
We have the Antilop and liked it. I would recommend it.

daisyd
02-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks Melissa! We just might get it this weekend.

reissgirl
02-27-2009, 11:54 AM
We have the Antilop and like it, but don't love it. I LOVE how easy it is to clean! I don't love that the tray is not really removable. It does technically come off but it requires quite a bit of force and I think if you took it off after every meal the plastic clips would break. Additionally, there's a big gap between the tray and DS so it's easy for food to fall on his lap. We use a pocket bib and it works alright. Lastly, since it is so lightweight and the tray doesn't really come off, you have to keep your foot against the legs when taking out the baby or the chair will slide. That's really not such a big deal, though. It's just something to get used to. All things considered, for $24 you really can't go wrong. Oh, I just have to mention one more time how easy it is to clean! I think I will totally love it once we take the tray off and bring DS right up to the table (after he stops banging everything hard enough to leave deep gouges in our wood table).

daisyd
02-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks Reissgirl! Looks like I'll need to take DC along and have him test drive it before we decide on it. I was hoping to avoid that. Really wanted to make a lightning trip and buy just what I need...the longer I stay at ikea, the more we tend to buy :(

bubbaray
02-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I took the Antilop tray off every day, at least twice a day to wash. I used it with DD#1 and DD#2 and nothing broke. The chair and tray look brand new.

reissgirl
02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Bubbaray, do you have any tricks to take the tray off? Clicking it in place is really easy but it requires a LOT of force to get the tray off. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, unless they changed the design. Thanks.

bubbaray
02-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I put my hand on the seatbottom and pull up on the tray with the other hand. I can do it without flinging food bits everywhere. DH, not so much. :(

ahrimie
03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I use the antilop at church and think it's fine... definitely don't love it. it takes up more space than it looks like it would too because the legs stick out rather than stand straight up. it's very light though and easy to clean. you can't go too wrong with $20 though.

daisyd
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks ahrimie! The large footprint is something to keep in mind..