PDA

View Full Version : DH must be feeling guilty.

gatorsmom
02-27-2009, 12:01 AM
He sent me flowers and candy today.

Jeez, dh I'm not sure why. Let's see. I'm sick with strep throat. Gator has strep. Greenbean has a fever and he's on abx. We are in a winter storm warning and it snowed like 5" today. Oh, and yeah, you are out skiing in Jackson Hole. I'd say you deserve to feel guilty.

deep breaths...karma, karma.....

niccig
02-27-2009, 02:15 AM

Jeez, dh I'm not sure why. Let's see. I'm sick with strep throat. Gator has strep. Greenbean has a fever and he's on abx. We are in a winter storm warning and it snowed like 5" today. Oh, and yeah, you are out skiing in Jackson Hole. I'd say you deserve to feel guilty.

deep breaths...karma, karma.....

And karma will get him when you're in Vegas!

But it was nice that he's thinking of you dealing with everything alone.

Corie
02-27-2009, 02:12 PM

I would have told him that ice cream would feel better on your
sore throat.

bubbaray
02-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, I guess that is somewhat good news, right? I mean, chocolate makes everything better. At least once you can swollow it.

Hope you are all better soon!

gatorsmom
02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, I guess that is somewhat good news, right? I mean, chocolate makes everything better. At least once you can swollow it.

Hope you are all better soon!

Melissa, you, Corie and Nicci are absolutely right. I should be grateful. But it's just not what I need right now and my patience is thin, kwim? I really just need him to be here and help me. I'm drowning. And why is it that the kids seem to be getting better faster than I am? They have tons of energy. I need some of that. Especially now since Sisi is starting to feel a little warm...

I didn't whine to him on the phone. I thanked him for the flowers and candy nicely yesterday. In between coughs and kids screaming.

And yeah, Vegas is going to make up for ALOT!

bubbaray
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Sending you many hugs.

Can your nanny come today to help?? Sitter????

Can you take Sisi to the dr for a rapid strep test???? I wouldn't wait around.

niccig
02-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Sending you many hugs.

Can your nanny come today to help?? Sitter????

Can you take Sisi to the dr for a rapid strep test???? I wouldn't wait around.

Yep, call in any reinforcements that you can. I didn't mean that you should be grateful that your DH is thinking of you. You're right, you need help not chocolate. But I did mean that he knows it sucks for you right now, and that's better than DH having fun and not knowing that it sucks.

I hope you all get better soon, and that someone can come over to give you a hand.

gatorsmom
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Yep, call in any reinforcements that you can. I didn't mean that you should be grateful that your DH is thinking of you. You're right, you need help not chocolate. But I did mean that he knows it sucks for you right now, and that's better than DH having fun and not knowing that it sucks.

I hope you all get better soon, and that someone can come over to give you a hand.

You were absolutely right before. At least he is thinking of us and feeling a bit guilty. I guess I should appreciate the little things.

The nanny is here Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. So, not today. I was hoping the abx would have kicked in more before today. The sore throat is better but I 'm just wiped out. The poor kids have had WAY too much TV today. As for SiSi, she doesn't have a fever (yet), but our ped is fantastic in that if I call her and tell her SiSi's now running a fever too (with 3 others of us on abx), she'll just call a prescription into Walgreens. So, I"m watching her closely with my fingers crossed. I just don't want to have to bundle them up and drag them to the car. It's such an effort (because it's really cold again today) and I"m so tired. Sickness is the pits.

Wife_and_mommy
02-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Lisa,

I'm so sorry you're (almost) all sick. :(

Don't worry a bit about the TV this week. It's only temporary.

Feel better. :hug:

Corie
02-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Melissa, you, Corie and Nicci are absolutely right. I should be grateful.

You took my post wrong. I did not mean to sound like you should be grateful
that your DH is sending you flowers and candy. I was actually being bitchy.
Like hey DH, thanks for the candy that I can't really eat since my throat is totally
killing me. If you really gave it some thought, how about some ice cream
since you know that I have strep?

I don't think you need to be "grateful" at all. :)