PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Flyer AKA Help me find another stroller!

eml569
02-27-2009, 12:43 PM
So we thought we were set on the Flyer, but have read from more than one person on here that the steering leaves something to be desired when the handles are reversed. Does this hold true when pushing in normal position? We live in St Louis which appears to be limbo for distributors of strollers...meaning a lot of the nicer ones aren't available for us to try out before purchase.
We don't have a ton of requirements; I'd like something lighter than heavier, but size isn't a big deal to us. We live in a slightly rural area, and tend to take walks on paved or gravel roads, but aren't really mall goers. I'd really like something that can be used from day 1, so a full recline is a must. the reversible steering is a plus, but not a deal breaker. If possible, I'd like it to have the ability to accept our carseat (Graco Safe Seat) but have no problem buying a snap n go if it comes down to it.
Help! We have 7 more weeks before our bundle is scheduled to arrive, but because of where we live want to get this done!
Thank you!

kate2128
02-27-2009, 01:08 PM
If you take walks on gravel roads, you might want to consider something with air tires. Trying to push a regular stroller on gravel is nearly impossible. Not to mention very bumpy for the baby. There are some all-terrain type strollers with reversible seats, the ones I can think of are Zooper Zydeco, Dreamer Design Park Avenue, Mutsy Urban Rider or 4 Rider (I think). I know there are others, but I don't know them off the top of my head.

WatchingThemGrow
02-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Honestly, if I lived on a bumpy gravel road, I'd get a BOB with a carseat adapter. Usually I wouldn't say that b/c of the carseat deal, but the BOB glides along effortlessly with the 16" rear tires. You can put the baby directly into it at 8 weeks w/o the adapter, but the carseat will make it rear-facing for as long as you feel you need it. It has great shocks as well.

You'll likely want something smaller/more manageable for indoor use/travel also.