PDA

View Full Version : ISO Best Deal on Wader 7 story Park Tower

pjsmom30
02-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Here is the link to the best deal that I have found:
http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/item/productid/6420/txt/Garage_Tower

It is $119 plus free shipping.

Has anyone seen this parking garage for less than this?

Thanks!

Gina

sidmand
02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I searched everywhere for this for DS about a year ago. That seems like an awesome deal. I think I ended up with $130 shipped and couldn't find it cheaper anywhere. Even B&M stores had it higher. I know I saw it once on Craigslist for cheaper but that was just once in about a year.

FWIW, ours came without instructions and I could only e-mail their (German-speaking) site and heard nothing, but even this mechanically challenged mama ended up being able to figure it out.

...except for the elevator and a friend just fixed that because he thought his son broke it.

I think Back to Basics had it for way more than that last time I checked.

pjsmom30
02-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Thank you for the info! I checked out their website. I noticed that instructions are on there, but they are in German. At least there are pictures. I wonder if they made a mistake not sending your instructions, or if they just don't have them in english so they leave them out.

Tell me how you like it? This would be a big purchase for us.

Also, do other cars work on it too, like matchbox?
Thanks.

sidmand
02-27-2009, 03:00 PM
DS does like it. It's tall. I can't remember exactly how tall, but it's not a small toy at all. It was supposed to be his big brother present but I gave it to him last Christmas (so he was 2 1/2). He likes/liked balls and cars and ramps so I figured this would be a good choice!

He doesn't play with it as much anymore, but we do have (too many) a lot of toys. He plays with it when someone else wants to play with it. I know a friend was looking for one after seeing ours for her boys which I why I saw it on Craigslist.

It's fairly easy to put together (all the levels are the same once you figure one out).

It is a nice toy. There are probably other similar things out there that are cheaper. But I think it's well done for what it is. And it definitely has the car/ramp thing going for it.

pjsmom30
02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
I just tried to order it from Back to Basics toys. They don't except prepaid credit cards. Bummer! I received a $50 Amex gift card, and was planning to use it to pay for part of this present.

So now I am looking for a deal on the Melissa and Doug 7 story parking garage. Anyone have this? Like it? I found it on FAO Schwartz for $85 shipped.

Thanks!