PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on Laptop Lunch Bento Boxes??

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
The title pretty much sums it up....

TIA!

hellokitty
02-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I want to know too.

Laela
02-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I am not sure of a specific site that is having a good deal, but I have a tip to save money. When you purchase it, just buy the laptop lunchbox without the case. This should be around $20. The case is unnecessary and more $$ - you can just slip the box in a bookbag or in our case, I just slip it in DS's daycare fridge until lunch. Also, I would recommend buying an extra set of the inside containers, maybe like $11.

It is definitely one of the best purchases we made and it is safe plastic! It's fun making lunches in it everyday.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-27-2009, 04:13 PM
I am not sure of a specific site that is having a good deal, but I have a tip to save money. When you purchase it, just buy the laptop lunchbox without the case. This should be around $20. The case is unnecessary and more $$ - you can just slip the box in a bookbag or in our case, I just slip it in DS's daycare fridge until lunch. Also, I would recommend buying an extra set of the inside containers, maybe like $11.

It is definitely one of the best purchases we made and it is safe plastic! It's fun making lunches in it everyday.

:signthankspin:

WatchingThemGrow
02-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes, but I think the book is worthwhile for lunch ideas. Anyone else?

hillview
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I got it without the case as well (got the HARD plastic case but not the cooler part) and no book. I got 2 of them for ease of washing etc. I love them! I wish they were a little easier for DS #1 to open himself -- I am working on some velcro idea I have :)
/hillary

DrSally
02-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I've wondered about these. They look so cool. So, can a 3 yo open them by himself?

Dancerella
02-27-2009, 05:49 PM
I hadn't seen these before and they look fabulous! Thanks for the tip about getting just the bento set. I'm going to measure my daughter's insulated lunchbox and see if it would fit. It looks so cute and orderly!

BTW, the bento box website has tons of great links to various child nutrition information. Great website!

Thanks for posting this! :cheerleader1:

lil_acorn
02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
these look neat but can you keep your food warm in the bento? I see they sell the thermos but that's different than the bento & I already use a foogo.

hellokitty
02-27-2009, 06:52 PM
I heard that the LL Bean soft lunch boxes work with Laptop Lunch Bentos. That's what I am planning to do, since I have GCs to LL Bean. So, the recipe book is really useful?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I am getting one for DH first. DD is not even 2 yet! But I figure we can try it out and see if we like it. DH never eats lunch, and he SAYS if I pack him a lunch he will eat it, so we'll see!

hillview
02-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Crocodile Creek holds them. WRT a 3 year old opening it, my DS is 3.5 and has trouble but ymmv.
/hillary

Laela
02-27-2009, 10:30 PM
We got the lunchbox when DS was 3 and I think in the beginning his teacher did help him. But he got used to it and now he does it himself.

I originally got the box with the laptop case and it came with the recipe book, but honestly, I didn't look at it twice. I mean, I know what DS likes and I can find creative ways to arrange his food.

This place is nice for inspiration - more adult-friendly foods, but it's visually stimulating:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/laptop_lunches/pool/

jenmcadams
02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Crocodile Creek holds them. WRT a 3 year old opening it, my DS is 3.5 and has trouble but ymmv.
/hillary

We have the crocodile creek case and it's great. My DD started using it in K and loves it.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-28-2009, 03:34 AM
We got the lunchbox when DS was 3 and I think in the beginning his teacher did help him. But he got used to it and now he does it himself.

I originally got the box with the laptop case and it came with the recipe book, but honestly, I didn't look at it twice. I mean, I know what DS likes and I can find creative ways to arrange his food.

This place is nice for inspiration - more adult-friendly foods, but it's visually stimulating:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/laptop_lunches/pool/

Thanks, I am now officially hooked on looking at the menu of super cool looking Bento meals! :D

ChefGirl
02-28-2009, 04:20 PM

I was just wandering if you can mircorwave the inner containers. I'm thinking about getting one for DS since he'll be starting summer camp this year and I have to packet his lunch for the summer. Does anyone know the dimension with the case? thanks.