PDA

View Full Version : No Mexico trip for me this time. Wah!

elektra
02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I earned a trip to Puerto Vallarta through work this year ( I guess my company is still doing the trip even with the economy and layoffs....) but I won't be able to go because I will be 36 weeks pregnant. Just not a good idea to fly (although I thought about it for a few minutes!). And there will of course be tons of drinking that I wouldn't be able to partake in. But still... I wanna go!
A free trip to an all-inclusive resort!
Adult company!
I earned it!
Boooooooooooo. :crying:
I guess my co-workers will just have to miss out on seeing me at 8 months pregnant in a bathing suit! Their loss. ;)

elephantmeg
02-27-2009, 09:17 PM
that sucks. I'm so sorry!

wencit
02-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh, man, that does suck!

I feel your pain. The weekend right after DS's due date, DH and I were supposed to go on a company retreat to this really POSH resort because of his work accomplishments. We had gone the year earlier, and it was h-e-a-v-e-n. The resort was a 3-hour drive from the hospital we were supposed to deliver at, but I figured DS would be late and seriously contemplated going. Turns out DS was right on time, so we wouldn't have been able to go anyway. (I even briefly entertained the thought of going WITH DS, that's how much I wanted to go. Can you imagine me, sleep-deprived and trying to nurse a newborn at one of the fanciest resorts in the area?!) DH and I still regret the timing of that trip!