PDA

View Full Version : feeding logistics

AJP
02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi! Our girls are almost 7 months and I am starting to panic about bottle feeding logistics! See, they are just about at the weight limit on their swings and like to bend forward while in the bouncy seats. This is the only way I can feed them when I am alone...either swings or seats! I am alone for 95% of their bottles. I was contemplating keeping the bouncy seats up on the second floor where I use them in the nursery for the bedtime bottle. Since they are only in them for that one feeding and when I bathe one twin I figured this is ok. When did you all get rid of the bouncy seats? For the first floor where we do about 3-4 feedings per day I was going to get the fisher price newborn to toddler rockers.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2508004
I guess this will last them a while longer. My M-I-L has 2 of these at her house and the girls fit great in them. I was going to register for these for my shower but went with traditional bouncy seat at the last min. I just need some way to feed them at the same time on the 1st floor. One baby likes to squirm a LOT so I no longer feel safe using 2 boppies on the couch with me. What other suggestions do you BTDT multiple moms have????

Wife_and_mommy
02-27-2009, 11:50 PM
My niece/nephew get fed one in the lap(sitting criss-cross on the floor) and the other in the boppy. The only thing you'd need to change is where you're sitting. :)

Hth.

Momof3Labs
02-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Two high chairs or two strap-on booster chairs? It would be similar to the swing or bouncy but they would be more upright - and strapped in. They might also show interest in holding the bottle themselves while in the chair, which would free you up a little. At that age, my DS2 could easily give himself drinks of water out of a sippy cup while in the high chair. It's also a natural next step as they move towards joining the family for meals in the coming months.

mom22
02-28-2009, 05:23 PM
My girls are 11 months now and around 7 months was the time when we went to high chairs for bottle feedings when one of us is alone. For upstairs feedings you could use Bumbo seats if you have them. I think it may be time to break out the highchairs if you have them, and invest in them if you haven't gotten them yet (or boosters).
FYI, my girls never would hold their own bottles, but just decided last week that they love sippy cups, so they now feed themsleves their milk out of sippies in their highchairs. It is so nice, because I can fold laundry, etc. while they are "eating". That is only 4 months from now for you!!! Scary to think about, huh! Time flies!

HTH!

Melaine
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
I transitioned from bouncey seats to on the floor with boppys and these:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14925619

I found them at Baby Depot for like $6. It was GREAT because they started to finally learn to grab the bottles themselves, and I could actually let go to burp one baby at a time. I would lean against the counch and pull them close to me (kind of beside me) so that I could actually rest my back a little. It is tough, but you've gotten through the toughest part of bottle feeding twins already so CONGRATULATIONS!

AJP
03-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions. If nothing else, its nice to hear how all of you have tackled this! We do have highchairs and use them for solid feeding. We have the boon flair chairs which we all love. Only problem? You guessed it! No recline. This means their arms get tired way too fast and they throw/drop the bottle to the floor. I do have some tethers meant for the bottle & stroller. I could try those while they get used to the idea of eating there and building up some muscles! I have the boppies, so will try some new ways of using those too! It was so easy and a huge timesaver to be able to feed them at the same time for most feedings. All of a sudden it got harder! It's making me fear what is ahead! lol
thanks everyone!