PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the Plan Toy Baby Walker?

reissgirl
02-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Everyone here seems to love the Haba and Radio Flyer walkers. What about the Plan Toy walker shown here:

http://www.amazon.com/Plan-Toys-0512300-Baby-Walker/dp/B000FZQL6W/ref=pd_sbs_t_4

I'm also interested in the walker by Parents but it seems to have a bunch of negative reviews so I think it's ruled out.

reissgirl
02-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Sorry to bump this so quickly but my in-laws are coming this weekend and they sent DS a check to buy a walker. Now I have to rush to buy one! I know that the tension on the Plan Toys walker's wheels can be adjusted. I guess this would be good for a new walker on wooden floors. Other than that I'm not sure if it's any good. Does anyone have this or has anyone seen it?

WatchingThemGrow
02-28-2009, 11:56 PM
No experience with that one. Do you not like the Radio Flyer one? We love it as does everyone we know who has it.

sste
03-01-2009, 12:06 AM
We love our radio flyer walker wagon. I don't have experience with the plan toys one either but from looking at the amazon photo I think it is missing a key item that the radio flyer has: a rubber bumper! Our walker wagon is crashed into our walls probably 50 times per day and next to no damage thanks to the radio flyer padded rubbery bumper thing in the front.

reissgirl
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
We have a small space and it sounds like the RF one only goes straight. I think it might bug me to have to constantly turn it around. Not sure, though, if the Plan Toys one is any better.

sste
03-01-2009, 12:39 AM
If it doesn't go straight, like the radio flyer, then its not the best for a brand new walker. The straight line aspect and the resistance to the radio flyer is what keeps DS from falling over and losing his balance. We do have to turn it around fifty times a day though we have a decent straightaway hall space for it.

csnoop
03-01-2009, 01:37 AM
We have this walker and DD loves it. There is a knob for you to adjust the resistance. We don't use it since most of our house is carpeted. You can adjust the handle to be straighter or more tilted. Besides pushing it around, DD loves to build towers with the blocks. It was a great buy for us. I highly recommend it.

CC

alirebco
03-01-2009, 01:45 AM
We don't have this one, but we have the Haba one and friends have the Radio Flyer one. We really like our Haba one but it a lot more expensive than the others and it doesn't have a bumper but our walls have been fine with it. Also, it goes straight for new walkers but DS now knows how to turn it on his own.

We do like the Plan Toys that we have and their quality is great so I would definitely think this walker would be great quality wise. . I still like the RF and Haba one over this because there is a deeper basket for kids to put things in. JMO though!