PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Swing that PLUGS IN!

MrsGoose
02-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Your recc's please! TIA! :)

Nyfeara
02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Fisher-Price had one or two that did. I know the Rainforest one does, but that's being replaced by the Precious Planet pattern now. I would guess that it will also plug-in. HTH.

KrisM
02-28-2009, 08:28 PM
nak

fp sweetpeace

Tondi G
03-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Fisher Price cradle swings ... rainforest, Zen collection, starlight papasan, these ones have an option plug. The others take batteries. My neighbor has the older ocean wonders one and her 2 boys loved that swing. She didn't complain about the batteries and they used it a lot!

srhs
03-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I highly recommend the FP Starlight Papasan!
Plugs in w/ optional battery
Neutral colors
Side-to-side OR front-to-back motion

BeccaB.
03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I love my DS's FP Rainforest swing. You can find them on clearance right now at many stores because they are being replaced by the Precious Planet. I got mine for $90 at Burlington Coat Factory. Saw them at Target recently for $83.

Tondi G
03-02-2009, 01:10 PM
another thought on the plug in vs batteries. You could always buy yourself a bunch of rechargeable batteries and a charger. You will use those batteries on toys long after your little one has outgrown the swing and you will then be able to move the swing anywhere... won't be limited by where it can be placed because of the plug!

sidmand
03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Like the PP said, rechargeable batteries also work.

I bought the Sweetpeace one 1/2 because it plugged in (and 1/2 because of all the cool features and because I really hadn't bought anything new for DD) and DD didn't like it! I ended up using our old Ocean Wonders one and buying another OW one off CL so I didn't have to carry one up and downstairs. The rechargeable batteries worked great (and I also bought some inexpensive D batteries which I used in the swing we didn't use as much).

I so wish DD had liked the other one but sometimes they definitely have their own preferences and they don't really care that you just spend $100+ to buy them a new item! :)

Sometimes we didn't even need to run it. DD just sat in it with her bottle or falling asleep and it didn't need to be on.