PDA

View Full Version : I am SO EFFING tired of being DIZZY!

lizajane
02-28-2009, 07:11 PM
it has been a week of feeling like the room is spinning for about 80% of my day. i am GOING TO LOSE MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, i don't know why.

yes, i have a dr's appt (on thursday.)

MAKE.IT.END.

ShayleighCarsensMom
02-28-2009, 07:32 PM
My guess would be that you have fluid in your inner ear....
You could try a decongestant.
I hope it goes away for you!

californiagirl
02-28-2009, 07:39 PM
My guess would be that you have fluid in your inner ear....
You could try a decongestant.
I hope it goes away for you!

Yeah, that. You can do a lot with ibuprofen and a decongestant.

pinkmomagain
02-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Dehydrated? I was feeling very light-headed last year and it turned out that I wasn't drinking enough water.

lizajane
02-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Dehydrated? I was feeling very light-headed last year and it turned out that I wasn't drinking enough water.

since i threw up over and over last week, i have been sucking down G2 gatorade mixed with water all day. so i don't think so. argh! so annoying...

i guess i will take some decongestants. but my nose, sinuses, throat and chest have NO congestion at all! i have had inner ear infections, but they only last one or two days and the first day, i couldn't even WALK! i can drive like this. it is just annoying.

thomma
02-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm dizzy a lot (yeah, there's a joke in there somewhere :) )
For me it's because of low iron...I've always been borderline anemic. If I take slowFE with my daily vitamin, it doesn't happen.

But I had a viral thing about a month ago and I was dizzy for like a week. Blech.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

kristenk
02-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I hate that feeling. I tend to develop BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) and it drives me batty. I felt a lot better after it was diagnosed b/c mysterious off-and-on dizziness was a bit worrisome.

Hope the dizziness goes away soon!

elektra
02-28-2009, 11:17 PM
I know two people who have been diagnosed with vertigo too. Something to think about maybe. My mom was one person and then the other was a girl in college on the basketball team. My mom couldn't lie down and had to sleep in a chair because for her it was worse laying flat.
Hope you get an answer.

lizajane
03-01-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm dizzy a lot (yeah, there's a joke in there somewhere :) )
For me it's because of low iron...I've always been borderline anemic. If I take slowFE with my daily vitamin, it doesn't happen.

But I had a viral thing about a month ago and I was dizzy for like a week. Blech.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

i think i will try some iron for about 2 weeks, along with B12... and decongestants. at what point will all the supplements make me dizzy! ha ha!

salsah
03-01-2009, 02:01 AM
i think it is due to a refined sugar deficiency. ;)

lizajane
03-01-2009, 10:59 AM
i think it is due to a refined sugar deficiency. ;)

i was certain that i had a grease deficiency last week, so i headed straight to hardees for their "thick burger" and some curly fries. ya know, a grease deficiency will dry out your hair and skin, leaving you feeling lackluster and flat.

JTsMom
03-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Could it be wax build up in your ear? My grandma gets really dizzy from that.

bubbaray
03-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I get really loopy when I am hyperthyroid. Aren't you on thyroid meds? Maybe the dose is off?

lizajane
03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
I get really loopy when I am hyperthyroid. Aren't you on thyroid meds? Maybe the dose is off?

had blood taken fri and go back on thurs to see what the results were. but my symptoms are all hypo- sleepy, constipated, can't lose weight, irritable...

salsah
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
my symptoms are all hypo- sleepy, constipated, can't lose weight, irritable...

uh oh, that sounds like me. my mom has a thyroid condition -- i'm not sure which one though.