PDA

View Full Version : Dump trucks & musical instruments

jgenie
02-28-2009, 10:33 PM
DS is 13 months old - I'm thinking of getting him a dump truck instead of an Easter basket this year. Does anyone have any recs? Also, I would like to get DS some musical instruments. Do your DC have any they love?

TIA

sste
02-28-2009, 10:39 PM
His favorite is the Remo gathering drum (available on amazon). Second favorite are maracas - - I think any type are fine so long as they are sized for babies. We bought one at our music class for just a few dollars. We also have the plan toys melody xylophone which he likes - - on sale for $9 at land of nod. Should supervise use of xylophone since technically its for toddlers/preschoolers so I don't know if the mallet is babyproofed. Don't get the oval xylophone from plan toys - - not real sound.

WatchingThemGrow
02-28-2009, 11:55 PM
We bought a bunch of different instruments from westmusic.com and saved them to give over several birthdays and at Christmas. WHAT a hit!!!

The Remo Tom tom drum is awesome. The plastic fish guiro is my 15 mo. old's favorite, We got a tambourine and a glockenspiel also, but they might be more advanced. Best of all, we do a music class together every week, so both kids are really into rhythm.

I second the idea of playsilks. Great for dancing!

katydid1971
03-01-2009, 01:36 AM
I recomend a recorder, its is a huge favorite of DS for a long time!!! It can be annoying but DS loves it and you can get a decent one for only $5-$10.

Neatfreak
03-01-2009, 05:21 AM
The Bee Bop Band set from Costco gives a lot of bang for the buck, instrument-wise. The xylophone in DD's set isn't very good, though ...

new_mommy25
03-01-2009, 02:07 PM
We used this one a few years back as our easter basket:

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Rumblin-Dump-Truck/dp/B0002YDPUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1235875938&sr=8-1

TRU has it for $15-$20 don't know why Amazon is so high. Anyway it's a great sturdy truck that won't tip with an early walker pushing it.

I was going to recommend the same truck. It's a good size and very sturdy. I gave it to my DS when he was two and he loved it.