PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller, Chunky toddler

Clarity
02-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Title says it all. We need a double. My dh walks the girls to daycare in the spring/summer and often walks them the 1.5 mile (some rough sidewalks, some grass) to my office to visit. We have a Bob that he loves but with the addition of dd2 we need an AT double. I saw the EW Duos and was set to buy one but the website says up to 33lbs.

I've also looked at the P&T's but I'm sure I read that the rear seat went to 33lbs. She'd never be able to sit in the back.

What choices will work in this situation? I just won't spend $800 on a stroller when its use will be limited to these daily walks. (They get dirty so fast when daddy's pushing them!)

WatchingThemGrow
02-28-2009, 11:31 PM
The 2008 BJCEDs are on sale for something like $450 (maybe less) and my 33 lb, 37" DD has lots of room to grow. It has air tires, suspension, lays flat, has a great canopy, an adjustable handlebar, etc. I'm hoping to use it to walk to preschool in the fall if DD makes it off the waiting list.

Clarity
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Bah, my reply post got lost! I was asking if you knew how much the 2008 weighs as I understand it's heavier than the 2009. The 2009 weight is on the BJ website. We do plan to mostly use it as a garage stroller but will need to pack it up and take it when we travel to MIL's house. Maybe...not sure if they'll be enough room but have no idea what we'll do in that case. I ideally would love an inline stroller or the BJCMD but the BJCMD can't do the rougher sidewalks, can it? Our first was a Graco and it was really awful on them. And, we do have an expanse of grass to cross on the way to the daycare/pre-school.
Why on earth do strollers have a 33lb weight limit? My dd is solid but she still needs a stroller sometimes!

WatchingThemGrow
03-01-2009, 09:37 PM
So...I think the 2008 Elite is 39 lbs. It is SO sturdy and roomy and feature-filled. If you plan on taking it MIL's house, you can always pop the wheels off to scrunch it up. That's what we do when we travel with it. It goes great across grass and bumpy streets.

Not sure if you saw my recent thread about a lightweight double, but I'm getting *crossing fingers* a BJCMD to help me get through the next few months of pg - for free :))))). DH is going to help out the programmer at my friend's bike shop in exchange for an orange double. I'm not expecting DD(30something months) to ride in it very long, but I will have her PLUS two little boys to tote around for quite some time. I'm expecting to use it less than the Elite, but I feel like I really do need something to keep me from having an early labor - lifting the big stroller or having to carry her back to the car sometimes. When I'm not pg, lifting the BJCED isn't really a big deal at all. But...with the 3rd pg in 3 years and a 38.5 yo body, well... you get the picture.

Clarity
03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah, you shouldn't be lifting a 40lb stroller while preggo, no way. That is so awesome that you were able to get a BJCMD for FREE!

It won't work for us as I did just check the weight limits on the BJCMD and it's the dratted 33lbs per seat. *sigh* LOL

eaglecow
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
According to Baby Jogger's customer service, the stated seat limits are 33 pounds per European standards, but approved for 50 pounds in the US (thus the overall 100 pound capacity).