PDA

View Full Version : Strollers in the UK

jjordan
03-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I am hoping someone can help me with this! My sister is pg and they are currently living in Scotland. She is trying to figure out what kind of stroller she wants and I have no idea what to tell her. They might get one in the US when they're here this summer, but it might end up being easier for her to get it in the UK. Any ideas/suggestions? The strollers on the UK Amazon site are largely unfamiliar to me!

She does want a good stroller as they do a lot of walking and don't have a car. She is also a runner so maybe something that could be used as a jogging stroller would be good.

Thanks for any help!

Jill

bubbaray
03-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, its not safe to use a jogger with a newborn, so don't get that yet. I'd get something like an Emma if I lived over there. Mamas & Papas (Peg Perego) has some beautiful fabrics. Bebecomfort, Teutonia, there are LOTS of beautiful strollers there.

jjordan
03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for those ideas! I will see if I can find those ones you mentioned.

Could she get a jogger that is okay for a newborn and just not use it while jogging for a while? Some American joggers can take an infant carseat, right? Or am I just confused? :)

Jill

jjordan
03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Well, its not safe to use a jogger with a newborn, so don't get that yet. I'd get something like an Emma if I lived over there. Mamas & Papas (Peg Perego) has some beautiful fabrics. Bebecomfort, Teutonia, there are LOTS of beautiful strollers there.

Okay - I found Mamas & Papas, the title says Pliko P3. Is it the same as the US P3? Does anyone know what carseats will work with it other than the Peg Perego seat?

ETA - I found the Emma stroller too, at least I think it's the one you mean - by Inglesina, is that it? Has a bassinet/carriage type setup?

bubbaray
03-01-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.emmaljunga.se/

Definitely NOT an Inglesina. They are plush prams, very popular in Europe.

The European spec'd P3s generally come with a bumper/napper bar instead of a snack tray. The fabrics are usually different too.

jjordan
03-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh, got it, thanks for the link. :)