PDA

View Full Version : Really, ANOTHER snow day?

npace19147
03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
I remember when I was a kid I loved having snow days. No school, play in the snow, come home and drink cocoa.

Well, now that I'm the mom I hate hate hate snow days. Way too much time cooped up in our house, watching the place get trashed by two kids and two dogs instead of having a chance to clean up and have some down time after the weekend.

And, assuming the storm materializes, this will be the third one this winter. At least this time we have snow gear so we can go out and play in it - last time we were completely housebound.

Update: yep, they just preemptively closed schools for tomorrow. aarrgghhh....

ccather
03-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm hoping for a snow day! I spent all day painting my house and now I'm too tired to go to work! I want to stay home tomorrow with the kids and finish putting the house back together!

overcome
03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm with Nancy...I DON'T want another snowday.

I barely made it through the weekend w/DD 24/7. Love her to death but I need time to myself, even if that means going to work (I'm a teacher).

That being said..if we do have a snowday, I'm taking her to my parents house for a few hours (only 2 miles away and I have all wheel drive) so I can get some stuff done!!

SnuggleBuggles
03-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I just commented to another mom on Friday that the Monday snowdays are the worst because by that time I am ready to get back to normal life. I'm getting used to the snowdays though. They're more fun if dh stays home too. Even if he is working from home that means that I can go out and play with ds1 while dh watches ds2. I don't like preemptive snowdays or delays because sometimes nothing materializes and it's a totally wasted day, imo.

GL!!

Beth

lizajane
03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
we have a 2 hour delay, but who knows...

i can't decide. we have already had a long rainy weekend inside. but i also don't hate the idea of not driving to school and preschool back to preschool bak to school...

elizabethkott
03-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Sorry...
but I am SO EXCITED that we have a snow day tomorrow!!!!! We haven't had one in literally FOUR YEARS, partially because our superintendent is a psycho...
Oh YAY!!! I'm so excited to spend the day at home with my guy rather than at school!!!!
But I do feel for those of you who are dreading it. Especially if this is the third or fourth snow day this year...

WatchingThemGrow
03-02-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling cooped up.

We've only had one this year (we don't actually GO to school yet) so it doesn't really make a difference except that DH will work from home.

Just as I was getting ready to run out to get milk for the DC, it started coming down. We decided that instead of me going to the grocery late on Sunday night (yuk!), we'll walk the kids in the stroller up to Trader Joe's instead. Doesn't that sound like a fun snow day?

egoldber
03-02-2009, 08:05 AM
I love snow days, but this is only our second one this year. :)

overcome
03-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I love snow days, but this is only our second one this year. :)

Lucky you..this is our 9th or 10th...I've lost track. Oh well....it is probably the last hurrah...spring will be here soon, right??!?

Off to get something constructive done while DD is at Grammy's!!

vludmilla
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I love snow days but I don't get to stay home with DD during the week since I work. Staying home with her sounds wonderful to me.

TraciG
03-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm not thrilled either ! My DD will bother DS all day ! We're in an apt so it's not easy to go out & forget it with the stroller !

3blackcats
03-02-2009, 12:20 PM
I am very excited for a snow day! I am going to work from home, where I get way more accomplished. And keep up with the laundry :)