PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Beach/Pool Bag

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Can someone recommend a big beach/pool bag? Something that would fit at less 3 beach towels, change of clothes for 2 DC.

Thanks

liz
03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
If you are looking for something inexpensive, look to Target. Look in the purse section. I bought mine about 5 years ago, but I seem to notice them every year. I believe I paid about 10$ (15$ tops). It is a large, zippered beach mesh bag, and it usually comes with a small matching coin purse (good for lip balm, money, car keys etc). It will definitely hold what you are aiming for. I bought a blue pattern that wasn't too feminine for DH to carry.

If you could spend more $, try the LL Bean canvas bags. They seem to get excellent reviews.

babybunny
03-02-2009, 10:35 AM
We love the bags from www.SaltwaterCanvas.com

The Whale Bag is perfect for fitting several towels and more. The best part is that the sand shakes right out.

I got one for my SIL for her birthday in November. She has used it to haul around girl scout cookies, etc.

I also have the Whale bag, the Dolphin and the Pail bag. Love them all.

jenfromnj
03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
The Lands End tote (large or extra large size) is nice--very roomy, reasonably priced and they last forever. They come in either open top or zip top and in lots of colors.

Melbel
03-02-2009, 10:48 AM
The Lands End tote (large or extra large size) is nice--very roomy, reasonably priced and they last forever. They come in either open top or zip top and in lots of colors.
:yeahthat:

I purchased personalized LE large totes filled w/ beach towel and supplies as hostess gifts for our baby shower. We also purchased one for our family. I see everyone using theirs at the pool/beach and I know we love ours. My prior ones from Target were cute, but did not hold up nearly as well.

There are some 1/2 price options available in the overstock section and there are free shipping codes floating around too.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/overstock-liquidations/Home-Travel/Totes-Bags/index.html?seq=1~2~3&catNumbers=256~1284&visible=1~1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=72&tab=8

bubbaray
03-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I have many LLB and LE canvas top totes. HOWEVER, my favorite pool/beach bags are my Whale and Dolphin bags from www.saltwatercanvas.com (http://www.saltwatercanvas.com). They are the best bags EVER.

rwiklendt
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
We love our Saltwater Canvas bag also.... I've gotten many compliments on it and many inquiries as to where I bought it.

Mikey0709
03-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I also bought a saltwater canvas bag as recommended on this board.... i think their may have been a co-op or 2nds sale awhile ago - - and LOVE the bag. I bought 2, and prefer the largest one. It was a little pricier than something you would find at Target, etc.... but i would definately buy it again for as much as i've used it. FYI - i use the larger one for towels, sunblock, etc... and use the smaller one for toys and the sand does shake right out!

Jen841
03-02-2009, 01:03 PM
We have 'pool' and 'beach' IKEA bags. Love them, and for less than a dollar you can't go wrong.

jillmk
03-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I also *love* my Saltwater Canvas bags! I use them for everything--I have a Whale and a Dolphin. I didn't want to spend so much, but they areally are worth it. Great bags!

calv
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
another huge fan of the whale canvas bags. LOVE them!!! I even use the little ones and hang it from my stroller as a toy/cup holder!

hellbennt
03-03-2009, 09:50 PM
another fan of saltwater canvas! learned about them here, of course, LOL!
it's not treated gently and it's held up GREAT!

Jenny_A
03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
LOVE my saltwater canvas bag (Whale)!! Heard about them here. Wonderful bag!!

Jenny