PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide....

Charlie
03-02-2009, 01:37 PM
We need a booster seat for traveling, going to grandma's etc. I am considering either the FP Healthy Care booster (it has a tray, gets great reviews but DS is big and some of the reviews say it is easily outgrown) or the Prince Lionheart booster pod or Summer Infant Foam booster (seems more comfy, no tray, seems like we may be able to use it longer). Any suggestions?

eliasmom
03-02-2009, 04:59 PM
We have the FP Healthy Care booster and DD still fits in it just fine at nearly 3 yrs old (and nearly the size of a 4 yr old).

I love this booster! I'm sure she wouldn't fit if we still used the tray, but we just pull it right up to the table. We were going to retire it and then DD's babysitter reinstalled it the other day - sometimes DD sits there even though she doesn't *need* it.

WatchingThemGrow
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
We have 2 of them. They're so versatile. My current favorite use for it is to put both DC in the living room on the floor with the trays and their food so I can lay on the couch nauseated.

We've found the trays to be VERY useful for picnics, eating in the backyard, at church, etc. when there may not be table space for them. There is a new one with neutral colors at Walmart. It looks nice too, and I'm thinking about getting one or more of those to keep at my mom's house.

hillview
03-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Have you looked at the P&Ts Me Too? We have one and love it (due to this board) might do a search? We've been using it since DS was about a year -- do have to have trunk control. We take it EVERYWHERE with us (been to 5 countries etc).

Just a thought,
/hillary

alirebco
03-03-2009, 12:49 AM
We have the FP booster and LOVE it. It was a recommendation from my sister and I am so glad we got it. We keep it in the car and use it in restaurants all the time since their highchairs won't keep DS in due to their crappy straps. We use the tray most of the time since DS is on finger foods and it is just easier.

My niece still uses hers and she will be 3 at the end of this month. It also comes in handy if you just need to strap DC in even if you don't have a chair to fit it on. I've used it on people's floors before to feed DS. And it will fit on any type of chair and those hook on type chairs do not fit on every kind of table. I like the safety of the straps on the FP ones as well. Most of the other boosters do not have straps.

Charlie
03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info everyone! I was leaning towards the FP booster, had it in my cart and then started to second guess myself. Thanks for the suggestion on the hook on chair as well, but just looking at it gives me butterflies in my stomach (I'm sure it's fine but I'm a paranoid new mama).

tarahsolazy
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Another big thumbs up for the FP Healthy Care booster. One of my best baby purchases ever. Worth 10X the $20 it cost.

SASM
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
We have the FP one and used it for DS and DD1. We'll probably use it agin for DD2 when she is ready since we already have it. We also used a cheap plastic formed one (no tray, just belts for chair and child) from Target for both DS & DD1 once they just wanted to climb into their seat. I think they used to be ~$12 each at Target. We also have a red Chicco soft one similiar to the P&T. I haven't used the P&T one but we do like the Chicco b/c it can be machine washed when it gets trashed after a meal. The thing that I do not like about this seat is that, despite DD's light weight (she was easily under 20#), we were using it on our breakfast bar and noticed that the counter was actually detaching d/t the weight. :( So...we switched her back to her highchair and only use this while visiting family or at restaurants.

Ohhh...I do not know if they make this anymore, but we did have a booster with a swivel tray. DO NOT get this one. When we used it without the swivel tray, it left a big whole in the arm...a perfect place for stuffing food! It didn't come with some kind of plug for the hole and tape was just entertainment for DS. :( Good concept but poor design.