PDA

View Full Version : Help with snaps on BJ City Mini Double

eaglecow
03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I recently purchased a BJCMD and am having trouble with the gray straps/snaps underneath. It looks like they need to be snapped as part of the folding mechanism, but I can't figure out how to properly snap them so they don't interfere with the pulley/lever thing. Also, when I do get them snapped, one keeps unsnapping when I pull the handles to fold it, so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. Also, there are two gray straps/snaps on the sides which I think the instructions say you need to snap when open and then unsnap before you fold it. This isn't really the simple one step fold (just pull the handles on the seat) I was expecting if I have to snap and unsnap all the time. Can someone enlighten me on the snaps? Thanks!!

WatchingThemGrow
03-02-2009, 03:02 PM
There was a thread about this a week or so ago. I think the consensus was that no one ever did anything with the snaps. We have the Elite double and don't ever touch them. I'm expecting the same with my Mini Double whenever it shows up.

vonfirmath
03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
I recently purchased a BJCMD and am having trouble with the gray straps/snaps underneath. It looks like they need to be snapped as part of the folding mechanism, but I can't figure out how to properly snap them so they don't interfere with the pulley/lever thing. Also, when I do get them snapped, one keeps unsnapping when I pull the handles to fold it, so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. Also, there are two gray straps/snaps on the sides which I think the instructions say you need to snap when open and then unsnap before you fold it. This isn't really the simple one step fold (just pull the handles on the seat) I was expecting if I have to snap and unsnap all the time. Can someone enlighten me on the snaps? Thanks!!

On mY City Single, it started unsnapping when I was unfolding (NOT when folding)

I eventually discovered (I think) this is happening when I am pulling on the "fold" handle for some reason while folding. It causes a hangup underneath. So I need to be sure NOT to touch those handles when unfolding.