PDA

View Full Version : It's just more comfortable being fat.

gatorsmom
03-03-2009, 12:43 AM
I give up losing weight. I give it up til the weather gets warm enough to take the babies out in their stroller. I give up on exercising til then. I've been telling myself everyday since New Year's that I'll find a few minutes to work out and it never happens. There's just too much going on around here. Those last 20 pounds will have to wait til I can walk them off outside.

And, honestly, I"m pretty content with that decision. and I have to admit, I like not watching my weight. I've done it my whole life. So it was FUN just eating that half a box of thin mints. And I really enjoy snuggling under the covers with a bag of Cheetos at night. I've found some nice clothes that are complimentary to my ummm, extra assets, and so I feel like I look as alright as a short, fat woman could look. DH just keeps saying, "of course you aren't back down to your usual size, you have twins! (and before anyone says that's sweet, he will admit if pinned down that he says that to get some)." So, with no expectations of me and no pressure, I am comfortably fat.

I think I might go polish off another box of GS cookies. I have to maintain my figure, you know. ;)

zephyr
03-03-2009, 01:51 AM
You're right, it is MUCH more comfy being fat. I love being able to scarf down whatever sounds good at the moment and not give it a second thought. And it really is much harder to get exercise in the cold weather...I'm kinda waiting for summer as well so I can go bike riding every day. But as a mom of four, you probably get a ton of exercise already and just not realize it.

KrisM
03-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm there with you. I was just thinking yesterday that I'll do better when I can't get outside with the kids. This summer, DS1 and DD will be at camp 2 mornings a week. I'm thinking I can do a neighborhood walk with DS2 at least 1 of those days. So much easier with 1 than 3. Can't imagine 4 makes it any better :).

I lost 10 lbs this fall and am stuck. I need to lose about 20 more to get to pre-DS1 weight.

lizajane
03-03-2009, 08:51 AM
honestly, i am VERY panicked that i might be pregnant with THIRTY extra pounds. i know i don't look bad. i am tallish, so i can carry it ok. but COME ON. am i really gonna get a BFP and then gain 20-30lbs on TOP of the 30 i have already???

i really wish i could have a great attitude, too...

i did realize last year that it just wasn't the right time to diet and i would just do it when i could. and then i lost 10 last winter. and then i got the mirena and started a new med and BAM it was ALL back...

SnuggleBuggles
03-03-2009, 08:57 AM
I've thought about quitting too. I appear to be at a plateau that is about 5lbs heavier than I want my lifetime weight to be. Without watching what I eat or exercising much I am just hanging out in that zone. It seems to be where my body naturally wants to be...why should I fight it?? But, I am. I just rejoined a gym and it is so much fun. We'll see what happens but I have definitely had days like that! Enjoy those cookies!!

Beth

Puddy73
03-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm right there with you. With DD1 and DS the weight seemed to come off pretty easily with just BF. This time I'm stuck with 20 extra pounds that won't budge without some serious dieting or exercise, neither of which I'm motivated to do. DH is on a project in Phoenix for four months, so I'm basically a single mom of 3 and at the end of the day I have NO willpower. Bring on the thin mints!!!

ThreeofUs
03-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm dying to lose weight, but I know that will mean cutting out a large part of my already-extremely-constrained diet (allergies @#5#@, but that's another post) and that will mean my milk supply will die.

So I, too, am trying to be happy looking a way I'd never have believed....

mommylamb
03-03-2009, 11:09 AM
On the positive side, if your husband is saying nice things because he wants to "get some," he WANTS TO GET SOME because he finds you hot! And why not? My DH thinks flat tummies are ugly, and I love him for it! I havent' been really skinny for a long time, but I'm a size 10-12, I've got hips, breasts, and a tush that I like, and I also like that slightly rounded belly. (Now the stretch marks I could do without). I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, which was probably too much to begin with. But hell, I'm with you on this one. I hate watching my weight, I enjoy food, and I'm happy the way I am.

DrSally
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the club. I do admire you for trying. It's just so hard to even find time to eat right, let alone exercise.

sste
03-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I think confidence is what makes people attractive. If you are happy and comfortable, that is the whole battle right there.

I tend to think that dieting does more harm than good. Exercise because you enjoy it, cook real food, and when you want a girl scout cookie or ten, eat them!