PDA

View Full Version : Help me justify this purchase.

TonFirst
03-04-2009, 10:11 AM
I haven't bought a new stroller in four years.

Well, except my double BOB Revolution. So I'll amend that statement - I haven't bought a *single* stroller in about four years. But last night, I was at TJ Maxx and they have 2008 Maclaren Volos for $75.

Now, I already *have* a Volo - it's a 2004 Volo that I bought at TJ Maxx, in fact, for $59 in 2005. But, it doesn't have a canopy, and the new Volos do. I use my Volo nearly every day for my 25-pound 11-month-old. I also have a 2004 P3 that I LOVE, but the Volo is what I turn to for quickie use - the P3 is mainly used for longer stretches in the stroller, like to the zoo or the mall.

So, I am thinking that if I can sell my current 2004 Volo on Craigslist for about $45 (the going rate in my area), along with my Kolcraft UCSC, which I just finished using, I can justify buying a new, 2008 Volo.

Is this a good plan, or should I just stick with the Volo I have? Does the canopy make a big difference? Right now, I just stick a hat on my daughter when we use the Volo outdoors, but she usually pulls the hat off.

first_timer
03-04-2009, 10:26 AM
I say if you want it, can afford it, and can sell other strollers that can be replaced with the new Volo, then definitely get it! If you haven't already bought it, you should soon or call the store and ask them to hold it before they're gone!
I recently decided I wanted a P&T sport, but couldn't justify it because I had so many strollers, so I ended up selling a twin Valco, Mac Twin Techno, MBUS, and Peg Venezia, and used that money to buy what I wanted (ended up with a P&T Dash).
It's fun to get a new stroller and if you use it everyday, you won't regret it, especially with the sunshade upgrade. Even if the shade isn't the greatest I think it's better than nothing!

strollerqueen
03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Get the new Volo. It's a great price.

hellokitty
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Get it and sell the old one to cover some of the cost. I am kicking myself for not getting the volo I saw at Target for $25 a couple of months ago. Even though I have plenty of them, it would have been a nice one to have, b/c my Techno is still heavier than the volo.

TonFirst
03-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Bought it! A buyer is coming for my 2004 Volo tomorrow, and I'm going to list my Combi Strollee as well.

clc053103
03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I got a leftover from babye-wise for $69.99- a great purchase! If you sell your Combi you will more than pay for your purchase!