PDA

View Full Version : Party favor ideas for 6-7 year olds?

twobabes
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
I need some ideas for favors for a couple siblings who will be attending a birthday party (the 3-4 year old favors won't work for them). Something simple - any ideas??

egoldber
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Is there a party theme? What are the favors for the 3/4 year olds?

twobabes
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Pajama party theme - favors are slippers or pjs, but I can't get them in sizes big enough to accommodate the older sibs (and I found them on sale before I knew the sibs would be attending).

egoldber
03-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Hmm. Those are kind of cool favors. Boys or girls? For girls you could probably find some inexpensive nightgowns. Or Disney store PJ pals?

brittone2
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Someone (O_mom maybe?) said a while back that they did a decorate-your-own pillowcase craft at a party. If you could find some fabric markers (craft stores, and use a 40% off coupon if you can), and a few cheap pillow cases, maybe that would work? It is also unisex.

twobabes
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
One of each - the complicating factor is that I have never met these kids and don't know sizes. I don't want them to feel left out, but I was hoping to do a simple (and not too pricey) bag (candy, book?) Maybe I should just try to find some pj's in bigger sizes - but Old Navy (for example) doesn't go above size 6 and I would think I'd need 8's??

zoestargrove
03-04-2009, 02:03 PM
what a great favor! I'll have to keep that in mind when I come across pjs on sale.

I like the pillowcase idea too.

thinking about bedtime routines, Michael's craft stores in their dollar section had clip on book night lights. I think they were under $5.00 that alone or with a book would be cool.