PDA

View Full Version : Another Co-sleeping/CIO question

brownlesa
03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I know it's been asked before, but...For those who co-slept, how do you transition to the crib? My DS is currently 9 months old. At 6 months, he was sick w/ear infections and colds, so was waking constantly. At that time we started co-sleeping. He now has tubes and luckily has been healthy.

Although I am enjoying co-sleeping, it's not working for our family. My husband is a very light sleeper and has moved to another room. DS sleeps in his crib from about 7pm-10pm and then is up every two hours until 6 am. (He falls asleep while drinking his bottle.) I'm also worried that DS is not getting a good night's rest. The napping is a whole other post...

I know we have a lot of bad habits to correct. I'm open to pretty much all suggestions. We have CIO a couple of times before, but then DS gets sick again and we have to start all over.

The peditrician suggested waiting another month or so to get out of cold/flu season and then CIO again, but I'm hoping to help him a little bit now.

TIA!!

julymommy
03-07-2009, 10:36 PM
No suggestions- we are in the same boat - trying to figure out how to transition DS (8 months) from our bed to his crib - haven't figured it out yet. Let me know if you have any luck.

amldaley
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Bump for a worthy topic...we are in a similar situation, too.

DD slept in a co-sleeper til almost 5 mo. Then, one night, she decided she wasn't doing it anymore. We did not have her crib set up yet, so she slept and nursed with me in my bed. DH slept elsewhere.

Over the next two 1/2 months we have hit RSV, a cold, started daycare, sitting up, solids and teething. It seems we are always dealing w/ a reason not to transition her to the crib.

At first she would sit and play in her crib, but now she acts like it's on fire everytime I get her near it. No chance of setting her in there awake or asleep.

I haven't slept but 4 nights w/ DH in 7 + months and never once alone.

Any co-sleeping to crib transition is appreciated!!!!!!