PDA

View Full Version : WDW in early December?

Corie
03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
We've decided to go to Disney World in early December.

We plan to stay for approx. 6 nights. Subject to change.

What day is better to arrive and leave?

Would it be better to fly down to Disney during the week
and come home during the week to avoid the weekend crowds?

bnme
03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
We usually arrive Sunday and leave Saturday or Sunday. We haven't done the park (on recent trips) on weekend days. But the weekdays are very manageable.

We went the first week of December 2004 and 2007. It's a GREAT time of year to go. Last time we went to MK as our first park on Monday and it was much less crowded when we went back on Wednesday or Thursday. DH thinks 'everyone' was doing MK as their first park since many people travel Sun-Fri/Sat to avoid higher hotel charges.

Have fun!!!!!!

JTsMom
03-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Two thumbs up for early December. Did you sign up for TG Mike yet? It will tell give you crowd levels at each park for each day.

Momof3Labs
03-04-2009, 07:31 PM
One of our favorite times of the year to go! It can be quite chilly, or it can be quite warm - we've seen mid-80s and we've seen low 40s and windy. But it beats September heat, IMO!

Weekends will be pretty busy during the holidays. I'd try to travel on weekends and be there on weekdays instead of being there over a weekend and traveling during the week (which will cost you more in airfare, but you'll more than gain it back in park time). With 6 nights, I'd fly down on Sunday and back on Saturday.

DietCokeLover
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
We're going the beginning of Decemer as well. We're arrving on a Sunday and leaving on a Sat.

What is TG Mike?

clc053103
03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Just read that it's not too crowded early Dec and yet all the decorations are up! Where do you plan to stay?

Also read that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party sells out quick if you want tix!

JTsMom
03-05-2009, 09:52 PM
We're going the beginning of Decemer as well. We're arrving on a Sunday and leaving on a Sat.

What is TG Mike?

Tour Guide Mike. It's a service that you can sign up for that has TONS of info- everything from where to stand during the parades for the best view/easiest exit, to details about every ride, to the most important part- the touring plans! He spells out the exact order to do the rides in so that you don't have to wait in line for more than 5 mins or so for pretty much anything, and I can tell you that ime, it was worth every penny. It worked like a charm! That was the first time I went to the parks with a plan, and it was an entirely different experience.

If you sign up through the banner ad on disboards, you can save $3. I want to say that it comes out to $18.99 or so.

When we went, we arrived on Nov 29th which was a Saturday (didn't do the parks- just the Hoop de Doo), and started with the parks on Sunday. We drove though.

ehmom
03-06-2009, 01:32 PM
we're also planning on going the first week of december 09. i'm so excited...it is going to be a long wait :)
i think we are going to stay at the poly. we'll only be there for 3 and a half days. i've heard great things about the first weeks of december!

Corie
03-09-2009, 08:34 PM
We are going the first week of December and we are staying at
the Wilderness Lodge. (This is where we stayed for our honeymoon.) :)

Mermanaid
03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Wow, it's a run on Disney. We're going the first week of Dec and are currently booked at the Contemporary. Was thinking about moving to the Poly though. Can't decide!

jse107
03-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Corie-
We're going from Nov. 29th-Dec.5th and also staying at the WL! We stayed at CSR last time we went, but we cannot wait to experience WL--the theming is just our speed!