PDA

View Full Version : bob revolution duallie questions

neeleymartin
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
had the bob revolution single. my son "outgrew" it, or so i thought. apparently the bungy thing on the sun visor picks up the slack in the sunshade when not in use. who knew? his head was bumping on the sunshade, seemed uncomfortable. problem solved, i think? anyone else confirm this?

also, need to get an infant car seat adapter, i think. i have one from the single revolution, box says it won't work, is this true? or just a way to make more money on the duallie model?

also, does the duallie car seat adapter span over both seats? thought it didn't but as i read it seems to. don't want the adapter over ds1 even with a snack tray.

also is the car seat adapter necessary? with ds 1 we put him directly into the stroller most times, in full recline or slightly elevated (in our peg p3, not revolution). i know that you are not to run or go off road for quite some time (8 months or something) but i am mostly talking about mall cruising or neighborhood walks on very smooth terrain.

also, sure this isn't recommended, but has anyone put the infant seat in the bob without the adapter and made it fit, perhaps with bungies or some other nifty idea?

tia

neeleymartin
03-04-2009, 11:35 PM
anyone please?

WatchingThemGrow
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
The Duallie adapter goes over both seats - and each side can turn into a snack tray. Otherwise you just have the bar. My guess is that the single adapter will not fit width-wise. I'm trying to remember when the guy at the bike shop was installing the carseat adapter. I think you have to put both parts on.

BOB cust. service told me the stroller was good for 8 weeks plus, and that's exactly what I experienced. DS slid down in the seat, and I was uncomfortable with his positioning when that happened. I tried him with the Snuzzler and the same thing happened. It's more slanted than the BJCED, which we also had at that time, so I stuck with the BJ - well , and for a few more reasons.

Sorry I can't answer the other q's....

neeleymartin
03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
thanks for your multiple replies this eve.

perhaps another will answer the other questions.

WatchingThemGrow
03-05-2009, 12:09 AM
thanks for your multiple replies this eve.

Yeah...sorry about that... I DO need to get off the couch, clean up some things, do my bible study, and get to bed. DH was out earning our BJCMD, so he didn't realize i've been sitting here all.night.long...

good luck! oh, and good call on the canopy trick. That's handy!

TonFirst
03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
I have a 2005 single and a 2008 duallie (as well as a very tall 4 YO and a tall 11 MO). I bought the carseat bar for the duallie but returned it. My son is tall (43 inches) and heavy (42 pounds) and I realized that the bar, even with the snack tray, would be a nightmare for my back since I'd have to hoist him in and out of the stroller, where without the bar he could hop in and out as he pleased.

Plus, unlike my 2005 BOB, which didn't have a recline that was appropriate for an infant, I was able to use my duallie from the time my daughter was about 6 weeks old. The recline on the new BOBs is so much better than the older ones. I have a Warm Fuzzy on her side and I also used a Boppy head positioner thingy for her, too. It was wonderful. So I say no carseat bar. I never tried to rig anything for a carseat, like with bunjees, because it just wasn't necessary.

I love my double BOB. I bought it with the REI sale and had it delivered to the store. I have had it for less than a year and don't know how long I'll keep it. My son does most of his walking on his own, but it sure is nice to have the option to stroll him when he gets tired during out walks to the library and the playground. My plan, when the time comes when he just doesn't use it anymore, is to sell both my duallie and my single and buy a new Revolution single. My current single is fixed-wheel, and I LOVE the Revolution's wheel. I trained for two half-marathons with my single, but I'm not doing any running with the stroller with two heavy kids, a heavy duallie, and Atlanta's hills. Nuh-uh.