PDA

View Full Version : Love my Strap Perfect!!!

mom2binsd
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
So I saw this on TV and was intrigued. My bra straps always fall off my shoulders, despite many professional bar fittings, trial runs with just about every type of bra, basically the fitters said my sloped shoulders make it hard for straps to stay on I (racer back styles don't work as they show at the front).

https://www.strapperfect.com/flare/next?tag=os|sm|go|tm

I found them at General Dollar for 5.00, there were only 3 in the pack but I wanted to try them out first, and guess what- they work!!!! I can't feel it when I'm leaning back in a chair and it wasn't that hard, they also do give a little more cleavage. Genius!!!

I saw Walgreens had the same as the TV ad for 9.99 for 12.

Maybe I won't be forever reaching in my top and yanking my straps off my arms-so professional at work!

Melaine
03-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I saw that infomercial and it did seem like genius!!! Thanks for sharing, I will totally look for them at my Walgreen. What a good idea.

caleymama
03-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Huh. I'm so intrigued. I've never heard of those but they look like something I definitely want to try. Thanks for posting!

emmiem
03-05-2009, 11:08 PM
I would suggest that you go for a proper bra fitting if you feel you need that contraption. Your band around your bra is probably too big of a size and your cup size too small on your present bra if your straps keep falling down.
Michele

jerigirl
03-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Too funny! Our local news just ran a "Deal or Dud" segment on this product last night. They considered it a deal because they thought although it didn't work to hide the models' bra straps in every instance they tried, it did for most. And it definitely will allow the user to get more use out of the bras they already own.

mom2binsd
03-06-2009, 12:56 AM
I would suggest that you go for a proper bra fitting if you feel you need that contraption. Your band around your bra is probably too big of a size and your cup size too small on your present bra if your straps keep falling down.
Michele

I went and had a fitting at Nordstroms, actually the associate was one of the girls who was on the Oprah show when they did that huge show a couple of years ago, I've also been to a specialty bra fitting store in Chicago, can't remember it's name but it's known for fittings, same conclusion, I have the worst shoulders. Nordstroms let me take home 3 different bra's and wear them for a bit and still no luck....why is being a woman such a pain...I was just thinking as I was reading the posts about the Diva cups too....I know men do not have these issues!!!!!!!!

urquie
03-06-2009, 04:14 AM
i have the same problem, but only with one shoulder. :shrug: i just ordered the strap secret/doctor and can't wait to try it.

i read about them on an awesome blog (coolmompicks.com) that someone here recommended in the favorite blog thread. it is a really great blog, especially this link - Doodads and Random Bits of Coolness (http://www.coolmompicks.com/doodads/).

here is a post from the blog...
Do You Want to Know a Secret?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/coolmompicks/strapsecret.jpgThanks to my "slopey" shoulders, I have an incredibly difficult time finding non-athletic bras with straps that stay up. Reaching into my shirt to reposition the boulder holders has become a part of my regular routine.
Since skipping a bra is absolutely not an option, I am sooooo glad I found Strapsecret (http://www.strapsecret.com/), the smart invention by Canadian mom and farmer Paula Fraser. Frustrated with sliding straps like 50% of us are, she decided to do something about it. Her clever invisible strips (http://strapsecret.com/online_store.php)of silicone magically stick to the inside of your bra straps and anchor them in place for up to three months. No need to even take them out when you do your wash.

With Strapsecret, I totally forgot I was wearing a bra. That is most certainly a first -Kristen

TonFirst
03-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Michele

My gift to myself after nursing my son was a visit to Intimacy, one of the bra boutiques that Oprah recommends. $75 dollars later, I had a bra that fit like a dream, except for the straps that constantly slide off my shoulders. For those of us with narrow shoulders, it doesn't matter if the cup and band are the perfect size (as I'm sure mine are). And slipping shoulder straps are maddening. I am televised every week or so, and I KNOW I've slipped up more than once and yanked a strap while on the air. Classy! So now, the question is, StrapSecret or StrapPerfect?

urquie
03-07-2009, 01:55 AM
So now, the question is, StrapSecret or StrapPerfect?

it looks like they are pretty different products. the strap perfect is one piece that hooks both straps together on the back. the strap secret is two silicone strips that attach to the underside of each bra strap... and the straps are worn normally (and don't have to be removed before washing). i'll try and remember to report back when mine arrive.

lowrioh
03-07-2009, 07:57 AM
I have the same bra stap falling issue and the only bra I have found that doesn't slip are the Olga ones. The straps attached the the back slightly differently than other bras and for some reason they don't fall off. http://www.barenecessities.com/productviews.asp?Image_cat_id=1&pf_id=Olga35040
I actually just stopped wearing my nursing bra to work because I was forever pulling up my straps. The bra was fitted at Nordies so I am pretty sure that it was sized correctly.
I tried the strap perfect and it looks cool, it just didn't work for me. Because I'm tall, I need the straps to be almost completely extended. When I tried the SP the bra just rode up too far .

gatorsmom
03-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm very excited to try this. I hope Walgreens carries it because I am boycotting Walmart. Anyway, a big petpeeve of mine is brastraps that show- even just a little. And I have some tops that are almost racer-back enough that I have to wear a strapless bra with, which I hate. So this sounds like a perfect solution.

Oh, to the pp who mentioned the coolmom blog thanks- I hadn't noticed that in the favorite blog thread and looks promising.

sunriseiz
03-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Where were they in Dollar General or Walgreens? I NEED these!

TIA! :)

mom2binsd
03-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Check the end caps at the stores, they're often near the other TV advertized items. I'm starting to see most of the TV products at a lot of stores, our Meijer carries the Smooth Away and ShamWOW too.

That other product also looks like a great idea, the Strap Perfect isn't going to work with very wide necked tops as it does pull the straps closer to your neck.

I have used skin tape (I got it at that Chicago specialty bra store) and it works but you have to put it on each time.

urquie
03-16-2009, 03:26 AM
i'll try and remember to report back when mine arrive.

i've been wearing the strap secret for a few days now and am very pleased! i was skeptical at first, wondering if it would really stay attached to my strap and it did. especially impressive because i'm using it on nursing bras, one of which has two separate straps per shoulder that get crossed and twisted with each other!

i loved not having to to unzip my gortex coat, and then fleece coat, to reach in my shirt and pull the strap up while hiking today... in the pouring rain! :thumbsup:

TonFirst
03-16-2009, 02:40 PM
i've been wearing the strap secret for a few days now...

Thank you for the update! I am going to order both - there are some bras that I just need some extra strap help, and then I have some dresses where it would be nice to have the racerback Strap Perfect option.

hellokitty
03-16-2009, 03:07 PM
My Nordstrom bra fitting lady also told me that I may just have shoulders that make it difficult for bra straps to stay on (I had complained about it). this products looks like it's worth looking into if you have a strap issue and otherwise have a well fitting bra...

ilfaith
03-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I bought the StrapPerfect last week at Walgreens (after seeing the TV ads). I think they work pretty well, and are probably best with racer-back style tops.

I do find the plastic piece has a tendency to ride up my back during the day, so while it starts off in the middle of my back, as time passes it works its way closer to my neck, bringing the straps a little too close together at the top, so they may become visible at the neck opening of my tops.

But the straps definitely stay on my shoulders...which is a big help since I am pregnant and have moved up from my normal 32Ds to 34Ds, more because I need the fuller cup than the larger band, but hate to invest a fortune on expensive bras (and for 32DDs there are no other kind) that I'm only going to wear a few months.

For some there is the added bonus of the StrapPerfect making the bust look a size larger...although for me, that was NOT a selling point.

mariadm
03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I purchased mine at walgreens after seeign the info on tv. What a great idea! The thing is so comfortable I use it just for fun - even when I don't need it!! Genius!!!:bighand:

malphy
03-19-2009, 04:33 PM
i have been having the same problem w/my bra straps. I have bought and returned countless bras lately. They never fit right and the straps are always falling.

I saw this thread but had not seen the infomercial. I just got back from walgreens with them and tried it on. It is indeed, awesome!

Thanks to the op!

nupe
05-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I just tried the Strap-Mate. I bought it a few years back but didn't try it since I didn't need it with my nursing bras. Now that I've ditched the nursing bras and been refitted in (sigh) yet another size, I had the shoulder strap issue again (I think I have problem shoulders too). So I gave this thing a try and it's great!!

TonFirst
05-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Glad this thread is back!

I bought a strap perfect on ebay for, like, $0.06. I like it a lot, but it doesn't work with my more open-neck shirts. That said, I bought some new bras at - of all places - Kohl's (we were visiting family for Easter and I only packed one black bra, which would have been class-ay with my white dress shirt) I bought one of these bras:

http://www.barenecessities.com/product.aspx?pf_id=Warners1301&source=gbase&term=Warners1301&cm_mmc=GLBS-_-Bra-_-Warners1301-_-NA

And IT IS AWESOME. It basically has the silicone built into the underside of the strap. Genius.