PDA

View Full Version : Bread Machine-HELP!

soontobe
03-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay I use my bread machine every week to make doughs that I then make into bread-and mine just broke!!!! I have only had it for 18 months and I'm really mad. But more importantly I need a new one and I have no idea which one to get, I really don't want to spend $100 right now

suggestions urgently needed!!!

TIA

hillview
03-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Have you called customer service? And call who you purchased it from?
/hillary

soontobe
03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I got it for a gift and I called costumer service and they said there is nothing they can do=I need to get a new one. what are good ones and good places to bu from (I live in NYC)

thanks!

egoldber
03-05-2009, 04:47 PM
I would check places like Craigslist and second hand stores. These are common items. People get them as wedding gifts and then never use them.

soontobe
03-05-2009, 05:49 PM
I was just looking on ebay-does anyone know if the brands "west end" "bread man" and "cuisnart" are good bread machines? my last one was a black and decker

soontobe
03-05-2009, 05:51 PM
also just saw "oster" is that a good brand?

tnrnchick74
03-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Cuisenart is better than the others, but if you are using it to ONLY make dough then I would suggest getting a Kitchen-aide mixer with heavy duty dough hooks and do it the "old fashioned" way. I make all our bread from scratch and through the dough in a bowl, sitting in a cool oven to rise. It's just as easy and you get to feel the dough.

hillview
03-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I love my zojirushi after other moms here suggested it here. Search for it!
/hillary

mommymy
03-06-2009, 01:49 AM
/hillary

I too have a zojirushi and love it. I mainly use it to make bread and pizza dough and shape it for the oven. I have the smaller one which is a slight pain in that I have to adjust most recipes I find online and it's a hit or miss. If you have the space I would get the bigger one if you are going with a zojirushi. I do like the smaller one though b/c we don't eat that much bread and it's the perfect size for our family.

egoldber
03-06-2009, 07:41 AM
I also have a Zojirushi.

ThreeofUs
03-06-2009, 07:48 AM
/hillary

Me too. And, we just had an issue with it and they fixed it for free.