PDA

View Full Version : Valco

chaviedoodle
03-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I am looking to purchase the Valco Tri-Mode (as opposed to Mountain Buggy that I heard was going bankrupt) Any feedback? Any way to tell the difference between older model, Runabout?

Also any suggestions on a lightweight stroller?

Much appreciated!

arivecchi
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I have a Valco and I love it. Awesome construction, comfy, great accessories and half as much as a Bugaboo. Handles really well, even in snow. However, it is heavy and not easy to fold. Don't plan on throwing it in the back of your car. It is doable, but a huge PITA. We have Mac Triumph for that purpose.

Addition - we have a 2006 Tri-Mode. Isn't is called the Valco Runabout Tri-Mode? I thought it was all the same name.

ellies mom
03-05-2009, 09:37 PM
I love my Valco. It definitely isn't a light-weight but for it's class of strollers it is a great one. The tri-mode is labeled "Runabout Tri-mode" and there are three options on the front wheel selector.

We had a Zippy last time and a P3 this time. I really prefered the Zippy. I wish I had gotten the Mac Quest for this baby but a Triumph would have been great too.

reissgirl
03-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I also have the Tri-mode Runabout. I think they used to make the Runabout and then it became a tri-mode so they combined the name, although I'm not sure of this. I'm very happy with it. It steers really well and comes with the tire pump and rain cover included. I really love all of the storage options on the stroller, especially the zip-off pouch. I don't need to use a diaper bag with this stroller, although it doesn't tip if I do use a bag. I can't compare it to the MB, but I'm happy with the Valco.

I think it's really easy to fold and isn't that heavy, but it's vey cumbersome. There isn't a really great way to lift it so that makes it feel heavier, KWIM. I just ordered a Triumph for the car.

Please post back if you have any specific questions.

rl42382
03-06-2009, 12:38 AM
with any large air tire stroller for jogging think of the life style you need it for. i live in brooklyn new york i have school and shopping all in walking distence we have one car that is a compact that hubby uses to drive to work so i do most of my shopping locally and love haveing an air tire stroller with big wheels. i chose it over mountain buggy and baby jogger A. it comes with accessories, B. it had nice fabric choice and steered almost as well as mountain buggy but was more padded and lux feeling c. the baby jogger when folded was was too big in my trunch vaco folds in 1/3ds so with the wheels off ended takeing less room in my compact trunk. takeing all of that plus the very hard to get out of 5 point harness to keep my 2 1/2 year old in her seat i picked the valco and trust me i did tones of reaserech in person and online before i spent 600 dollers and i hade the round about trimode twin and never regreted my choice. it was also a great push in the snow and very stable and strong i found the seats were nice and deep and the recine was great even for a newborn it also comes with a head hugger. dd#2 in winter 07 so dd#1 was a very active
2 1/2 year old who was all over the place & was great stroller for the two of them
it had sepperet seat reclines and awnings and very roomie and comfy ride.i bought the valco double and loved it we shopped and walked all the time with it but i had to do
a majore break down the few times it whent in my car trunk but when i went in my friends honda oddesey i just partially folded it and that was it. i sold it for most of its value. over a year ago i sold it for the valco single with seat for my then 3 year old and 9 1/2 month old for our trip to israel for my brothers wedding. we were there for 2 weeks and were renting an apartment so we needed a double to get around and side by sides are toowide and they have lots of cobblestones and dirt and bumpy rodes you need air tires also lots of hills and public transpot or walking it is alittle like new york or bosten or europian metro cities so it was a good fit for needs my big kid only needed a seat some times and the p and t 2 seat weight limit was 35 lb in the back and had no awning for the seat so that was an issue as well i was very happy and still use it my cousin bought a trimode single for her first kid because she loved it plus my aunt loved thae bassinet feature and if you have reflux kids they and inglesina are the only company that have an elevated headrest built in to the bassinnet you can keeep baby flat or lightly elevated and they make a bassinet stan you can take it around the house or use it when you are away from home. i am over all extreamly happy with the products and the customer service is great and helpful and it is a sturdie and well though out product. i am happy with the zippy also but the valco is stronger and can hold my 4 1/2 year olds weight much better. it is still a 3 wheeler so it can some times be hard to manuver in certain situations and is a wide base to accomidate the add on toddler seat feature. but if it it fits your lifestyle needs you will definetly enjoy it.