PDA

View Full Version : Kids Storage @ Target $37

ahrimie
03-06-2009, 12:49 AM
I was at Target and picked this up today. I hope it doesn't look to cheap and is a good solution for all of DD's things.

http://www.target.com/Storage-Organizer-Natural/dp/B000W9R7EG/sr=1-1/qid=1236314788/ref=sr_1_1/188-1540630-8938553?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=1263506011&rh=k%3Ado%20your%20room&page=2

DrSally
03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
We have 2 and they're great for small toys.

pastrygirl
03-06-2009, 10:00 AM
We have two of those, too, and really like them. I put two 5-pound weights in one of the bottom bins to keep it from tipping.

WatchingThemGrow
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm usually not really into those since it would really need to be IN our living room, but... I just realized I could put it at the front of the coat closet and still store some items behind it, coats up and to the side, our mail center above it, wrapping paper to the right, games up above, LOL...yes, it is a tiny, jam-packed closet. DH will FREAK when he opens the door to see this, but it will be a great place for all the little things!

So far I'm thinking of labeling bins with pictures of:
1)Snap N Style dolls
2)small vehicles
3)small balls
4) infant toys
5) train stuff
6)my first leap pad/books
7)instruments
8)playsilks
9)magnatiles
10) hats

Ok, maybe I should just get two and qualify for the 10% discount online plus the AAA 10% discount. Darn...I knew I shouldn't have looked here this morning...

ahrimie
03-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Ooohh, I'm glad you guys like them. I'm going to assemble it this weekend and hope it can go somewhere. The weights are a good idea since DD pulls up on everything.

Octobermommy
03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
We have one in dd closet. It is great for the tons of small toys she has.

awoodm
03-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Yep we have the same one too, and it has held up great.

WatchingThemGrow
03-06-2009, 10:53 PM
TA DAAAAAA!!!!! Thanks for the link, Ahrimie! It is happily holding toys in the coat closet. The bins are not labeled, but DD (I think) gets the idea that certain things go in certain boxes. Our closet is tiny to begin with (2' door), so the baskets can't all come out, but... now they'll stop pulling coats down. Well, several coats are moved to the back of the couch, but that'll get solved eventually.

I need to figure out if I can live with it in the boys' closet also or if just the one is enough.

KrisM
03-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm usually not really into those since it would really need to be IN our living room, but... I just realized I could put it at the front of the coat closet and still store some items behind it, coats up and to the side, our mail center above it, wrapping paper to the right, games up above, LOL...yes, it is a tiny, jam-packed closet. DH will FREAK when he opens the door to see this, but it will be a great place for all the little things!

So far I'm thinking of labeling bins with pictures of:
1)Snap N Style dolls
2)small vehicles
3)small balls
4) infant toys
5) train stuff
6)my first leap pad/books
7)instruments
8)playsilks
9)magnatiles
10) hats

Ok, maybe I should just get two and qualify for the 10% discount online plus the AAA 10% discount. Darn...I knew I shouldn't have looked here this morning...

That sounds great! I wish I had a nice big coat closet. I'd use it for toys in there, too. But, our closet is small and mostly useless... I wonder where else I could fit it.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks OP! I picked one up today, and put it together tonight!

WatchingThemGrow
03-07-2009, 08:59 AM
That sounds great! I wish I had a nice big coat closet. I'd use it for toys in there, too. But, our closet is small and mostly useless... I wonder where else I could fit it.

Do the measurements. Our coat closet is 23"Dx47"W, which I thought was pretty small. When I measured the BR closets, I had to laugh b/c they (although still not big compared to today's standards) seemed SO much larger at 51" wide. What a difference 4" makes, LOL!

The organizer is placed at the front of the closet so some of the bins won't come out easily, but a lot still will. Behind it I put 3M hooks on the wall for our swim bags, lunch bags, LLB and LE totes, backpacks, etc. I need to draw a map to remember where everything is... gift bags and bamboo trays will be lost in there forever if I don't.