PDA

View Full Version : What age for Bitty Baby?

new_mommy25
03-06-2009, 02:54 PM
What age was your DC when you bought her a Bitty Baby? Thank you. :love-retry:

bubbaray
03-06-2009, 02:55 PM
We got the Bitty Twins for my two DDs for Christmas (well, actually Santa did, but you know...). DD#1 will be 5 this April and DD#2 turned 2 at the end of January.

They like them, but still prefer their Corolle dolls.

mamalia
03-06-2009, 03:24 PM
DD was 14 months, DN was 17 months. They were Christmas presents to both. The doll itself is pretty indestructible because there is no hair to get tangled. I do remember seeing a very well loved bitty baby out in public that had paint missing from the top of its head or maybe skid marks. Looked like she had been dragged along by her feet one too many times. :)

hillaryb
03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
From my PP in another thread:

Just got the holiday AG catalog in the mail. It says at the bottom of each page the age recommendations: historical/just like me dolls are for ages 8+ and bitty baby/twins for 3+.

Hope that helps.

WatchingThemGrow
03-06-2009, 11:02 PM
We've recently had a "Missing Person" alert in our family. "Dolly" aka Tidoo Bright has been MIA for a week now. Happened to coincide with DS' discovery of our hands-free electric trashcan. We pray she'll show up.

Do you think Bitty Baby will be a good replacement? My mom wants to get her one for her 3rd Bday since she met/knows the original Bitty creator. Should I encourage her to?

Sugar Magnolia
03-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Dd loves her Bitty Baby. She has had her for awhile now and it goes every where with us.
The only down side is that a lot of people mistake BB for a real baby.

mnosky1
03-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Both of my girls got BB their first Christmas'. My 1 year old loves playing with her and my 5 year old never payed much attention to her until this year (she has a Corell doll too and likes that one even less so go figure). I also cannot figure out why the catalog says 3 and up for BB and 8 and up for the dolls. Some of the accessories are too small for younger kids. Also, by age 4, my DD was too big for most of the matching BB outfits - they run really small - she got a 6x BB swimsuit when she was wearing a 3/4.