PDA

View Full Version : So sick of jeans that are baggy by 10am!!

g-mama
03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
This keeps happening to me and it's making me really %$#&@ mad. I buy a pair of jeans that are nice and snug in the dressing room. I can't get them a size smaller because they won't even button. So I buy that pair and the first time I wear them, they are all stretched out and saggy everywhere within a few hours.

I just bought the cutest pair from AT Loft yesterday, washed them, and am wearing them today. They look so frumpy and baggy - in the butt, in the thighs, everywhere. And now I can't return them. $59 down the drain!!

I'm thinking of washing them again, ironing them, and trying to take them back. But I'm scared the sales clerk will know and totally bust me out. Even more than the waste of money, it bothers me that I *still* have to keep hunting for the right jeans where this won't happen!

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2009, 04:12 PM
I started this very post about 2 months ago. :) I've thought about buying a pair 2 sizes too small, even if I can't button them at the store. I figure that I could just break them in at home then never wash them. :)

It totally stinks though. I am going to be skipping jeans with any stretchy stuff in them from now on and hope that solves the problem. They might not be as comfy but hopefully they'll hold their shape.

Beth

hellokitty
03-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Really? My AT Loft jeans are my favorite ones b/c they DON'T stretch. Maybe the newer ones have some stretch. If you hate stretch jeans, I suggest you stay far, far away from Old Navy jeans. They SUCK! I can't figure out if it's just that my body is weird and jeans just don't fit right anymore or that manufactures just suck a making jeans these days...

I'm wondeirng if you might want to end up trying a more, "traditional" brand like Levis. Also avoid Stuart jeans. I got some, b/c they were supposed to make me look slim (according to the ad), but all they do is fall off my ass...

hbridge
03-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I was just complaining to DC this morning about how my jeans were falling down as we were getting in the car! These are the same pants I could barely button when I put them on earlier today!

PS Try returning them. Bring the receipt and tell them why you are bringing them back, they may refund your money (the worst that will happen is they say "no).

KrisM
03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm right there with you. I hate it! Why does stretch mean they have to fall down?? Who do they actually fit - people who never sit or bend?

Octobermommy
03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I would take them back with the receipt and tell them why they don't work for you. I can't see a manager at ANL not saying okay to that. They may even be able to suggest a different cut/style etc.

cdlamis
03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves!
FYI- I have returned many a pair of jeans for the same reason and never thought twice about it. The sales person was always fine with my reason. I would definitely return them- at least get a size smaller.

Globetrotter
03-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, me too! I have to dry them to shrink a bit every time. It was really hard when we went on vacation and everything was air dried.

It's so irritating, but on the plus side.... I get to wear size 4 jeans :ROTFLMAO:

s7714
03-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Try taking them back!

I agree with a PP that Old Navy jeans are really bad. And I was severely disappointed in the pair of Lands End jeans I tried. They started bagging in the rear two seconds later when I sat down to put my socks on. (They got returned as well.)

I've had the best luck going back to plain old Levi's.

fivi2
03-06-2009, 07:31 PM
someone on this board mentioned that throwing them in the dryer makes them worse because the heat breaks down the lycra (pp mentioned drying them).

Old Navy is terrible. I had some Gap ones that lasted a while, but it really depends on the style imo. I just bought some Lee jeans at Kohls on sale - they have been okay so far (and were cheap). They are stretchy material, but haven't bagged as bad as other so far. (slender secrets, and one true fit trouser jeans are the ones I tried).

I will probably try Levis or else men's jeans next to avoid the stretch!

WatchingThemGrow
03-06-2009, 08:11 PM
That makes me SO mad as well! I'd try taking them back. I almost did that to my last pair, but...they were maternity and it was so hard to find a pair that actually fit originally, I didn't have the energy to go look for others.

Would you believe that just a couple months later, I'm SO glad I had the room "to grow" with this pair. I'm filling them out completely now!

DrSally
03-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I hear ya! I put on a pair out of the dryer that fit perfectly yesterday. A few hours later, they were sliding off and all baggy in the legs. I bought a size smaller, but I'm afraid to even try them on b/c I prob won't be able to button them.

Kungjo
03-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Jeans all suck in general. My Gap jeans are so tight that I struggle to button them when I'm in the store. When I get them home and where them for a while, they feel like they will fall off of me. They get too loose at the waist. Still looking for jeans that would fit me better but having no luck.

Old Navy jeans were the worse. I always hang them to dry and they lost their stretchiness. Sigh!

lizajane
03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
this is why designer jeans cost so much. my diesel jeans were perfect every time. and my lucky's didn't bag out on me, either and they were hand me downs! as SOON as i get off all this weight, i am going to buy a fan-freakin-tastic pair of jeans. because right now, i HAVE to get ones that loosen up and i CAN'T dry them!

chinook
03-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Ditto the PP about designer jeans. I bought myself an expensive (for me - they're sevens) pair last year and those things are the best! I can wear them for days at a time with NO bagging at all. Yes, they were pricey at the start but they've been a deal given how much I've worn them. I'd take one pair of those over three pairs of Gap jeans :)

sadie427
03-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Jcrew jeans don't seem to get baggy for me, and there are sometimes good deals on sale on the website.

DrSally
03-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Interesting about the designer jeans. I guess that is a practical reason to spend extra on them. They must use a much higher lycra content?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-11-2009, 12:45 AM
This keeps happening to me and it's making me really %$#&@ mad. I buy a pair of jeans that are nice and snug in the dressing room. I can't get them a size smaller because they won't even button. So I buy that pair and the first time I wear them, they are all stretched out and saggy everywhere within a few hours.

I just bought the cutest pair from AT Loft yesterday, washed them, and am wearing them today. They look so frumpy and baggy - in the butt, in the thighs, everywhere. And now I can't return them. $59 down the drain!!

I'm thinking of washing them again, ironing them, and trying to take them back. But I'm scared the sales clerk will know and totally bust me out. Even more than the waste of money, it bothers me that I *still* have to keep hunting for the right jeans where this won't happen!

I have a flat butt, so I always have this issue, unless they are so tight I can't breathe. Ask a GF with the same body type where she buys hers...

ahrimie
03-11-2009, 06:50 AM
If you go to Nordstrom Rack, you can usually find Se7ens for about $100.

kozachka
03-11-2009, 08:14 AM
I live in Lucky's Classic Rider on week-ends and I am always able to get them on sale. Stores have 50% off sales at least twice a year and last time I was in Marshall's there was a bunch for $25-$35. Too bad none were available in my size.

They are pretty generous with their sizing so be sure to size down if you order online. I've also had good luck with Ralph Lauren jeans.