PDA

View Full Version : Sh*tty Birthday

misshollygolightly
03-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Ugh. What a sucky birthday. Here's a list of some of the lovely "gifts" I received today: poop-splosion in DS's diaper and pants; AF (yes, started TODAY, preceded by cramps and bloating); random email notifying me that I'd missed the deadline for submitting my students' midterm grades (which I had no idea I had to do), and needed to do it ASAP (so I spent all evening grading midterm exams--which they just took on Thursday and I figured I'd have all spring break to grade); a cold that has developed into a sinus and ear infection; a cranky, fussy DS who refused to nap (took one 40 minute nap this morning after much reluctance--not helped by the smoke detector that decided to go off to alert me its batteries were dying or by the two sets of grandparents who called to wish me a happy b-day...happier if you hadn't called right when I was trying to put DS to sleep!); two phone calls w/ relatively close friends who never mentioned my b-day at all and presumably just forgot; my completely housebroken dog left me a special "surprise" under the piano (actually, it may not have been a "birthday" gift--I am ashamed to admit it, but I have no idea how long it had been sitting there, though I'm sure my crawling DS would have found it by now had it been there VERY long); hard bite on the nipple from teething DS while feeding him this afternoon; a DS who, for reasons I cannot fathom, refused to go to bed until 8:00 (an hour later than his normal bedtime), thereby cutting into my "free" time this evening even further. Ugh. So basically I spent all day cleaning up poop, taking care of a cranky, tired baby, and grading essays. Hoorah. DH did get me some thoughtful gifts and we (all three of us) went out for dinner (now that it's spring break, our two college babysitters are gone--no romantic birthday dinner for moi!). But otherwise, pretty lousy. Didn't even get anything good in the mail--just a bill and an overdue movie notice! Blurg. I feel old and irritable and I'm glad this day is nearly over...just wish it hadn't been my birthday.

ha98ed14
03-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah, that sucks. I hope tomorrow is better. Hapy Birthday!

KrisM
03-07-2009, 12:01 AM
I hope tomorrow is a better day. Pretend it's your birthday, if it is!

Happy Birthday!

SnuggleBuggles
03-07-2009, 12:03 AM
((((((hugs))))) That's why I never celebrate my birthday on my birthday anymore...the actual day always tends to suck. Go out tomorrow night and have fun. :) Happy Birthday!

Beth

cdlamis
03-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Holy cow- that is one lousy day, even worse on your birthday! I agree with Kris, start over tomorrow and have a wonderful bday tomorrow! :)

niccig
03-07-2009, 01:46 AM
In my family we tend to celebrate Birthday Weeks. Mostly because we all live on 3 different continents, so timing the delivery of a birthday present can be difficult. So I suggest you do the same. Tomorrow, sleep in and have DH and the kids make you breakfast in bed. Sunday, take yourself off for a mani or a pedi.