PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr, I'm 0.2 pounds away from...

bubbaray
03-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm doing Weight Watchers. I was supposed to get my 10% award today. I missed it last week by 0.8 of a pound. Easy peasy, right? I've been losing on average about 1.5 pounds to 2 pounds a week.

I only lost 0.6 pounds this week. I'm freakin' 0.2 pounds away from a 10% weight loss (15 pounds). WTF???

I'm so freakin' mad!

JTsMom
03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Just blow your nose or shave your legs or something. Maybe your bangs need a trim? ;)

happy2bamom
03-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I feel your pain. I'm .8 from my 10 pound award. I've been .8 away for the past 2 weeks. I am a super slow loser, I average .5 loss a week. To make it worse, I was away this week and under a super stressful situation, so I had a 2 pound gain! I really have to commit this week and keep working the program.

You'll get there. Stay the course!

Melbel
03-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Congratulations on your 14.8 pound weight loss. :bighand: You have a lot to be proud of! Next week for sure! :cheerleader1:

clc053103
03-07-2009, 03:05 PM
I am a WW lifetime member- and all I can say is BRAVO! You are doing great!!!!!!!

Next time, maybe take your pants off! LOL!

bubbaray
03-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks ladies! I have to get back on track....

Corie
03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Can you go to your weigh-in nude? :)

Momof3Labs
03-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Spit into a cup before weigh-in? I remember hearing that fighters do that to qualify for a lower weight category...

Congrats on your weight loss!! WW worked so well for me, too!

TonFirst
03-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Wait - you get an award?? I'm *thisclose* to 10%, but I do WW online.

clc053103
03-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Wait - you get an award?? I'm *thisclose* to 10%, but I do WW online.

At the meetings, it's just a little keychainish thing that holds charms for future acheivements. However, they parade you up front and make you feel like a rockstar...at least I did!

KrisM
03-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Congrats on the nearly 10% loss! That is awesome. Make sure to post next week, too!

bubbaray
03-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah, its a 10% keychain. There is a goal charm and a lifetime charm.... Assuming I can get this 0.2lbs off (grrrr), I probably only will be 2-5lbs from my goal. The leader d/n want me to go much lower than 140 (I'm 5'9") -- their chart only goes to 135 for my height. I'd love to get to 125, but even *I* know that I can't sustain that for a lifetime....

sste
03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Uh, bubbaray, I am trying to get a handle on this. I am barely 5'5 and a little over 130, probably 134. And I am thin! I look slim. How can you be 5'9 and have And be in weight watchers?

lizajane
03-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah, its a 10% keychain. There is a goal charm and a lifetime charm.... Assuming I can get this 0.2lbs off (grrrr), I probably only will be 2-5lbs from my goal. The leader d/n want me to go much lower than 140 (I'm 5'9") -- their chart only goes to 135 for my height. I'd love to get to 125, but even *I* know that I can't sustain that for a lifetime....

i am 5' 8" and 140 is also my goal. (size 6) that is my NORMAL weight and they still look at me like i am a little crazy when i go in there. i have to sign up... AGAIN. again again again. of course, my 10% is 17lbs and then i will still have 13 to go... so i think you are freakin' AWESOME, mama. keep up the good work. and ALWAYS pee BEFORE you weigh. i am so not kidding...

and fwiw, i puked every thing i ate for this entire week and i did not lose ONE POUND. you'd think i would at least deserve a kick start!!

(ETA: when i was 125 12 years ago, my own family asked me if i was anorexic. stick to 140 and be strong!)

bubbaray
03-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Uh, bubbaray, I am trying to get a handle on this. I am barely 5'5 and a little over 130, probably 134. And I am thin! I look slim. How can you be 5'9 and have And be in weight watchers?

Well, I have bird bones -- skinny bones and the must be made of air. I'm slim to average build and my frame is definitely on the long and thin side (my wrists are the size of a child's, my ring size is a 4.5). Trust me, I had weight/fat to lose.

This is the first time I've lost weight without exercising like a maniac or starving myself. Its really easy, even though I think WWs focuses too much on artificial foods (things with aspartame and other non-healthy things). Its really not been that big of a change at all, though I don't sit down to a bag of potato chips after dinner (sigh). More than anything, I enjoy going to the meetings. I don't get out much, so its an hour of me time during the week. Also, the meetings are at our YMCA, so it makes it convenient for me to get at least one workout in during the week after the meeting.

Maybe I should workout BEFORE the meeting next week. Or show up naked. Corie, you're a bad bad influence. LOL.

sste
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Hmm . . . maybe I need weight watchers!! I am operating on the theory that alot of it is muscle :) It may be true - - I have my very own built in exercise regime living in a third floor walk up with a baby and a dog and my thighs have become, well, somewhat mountain climber like as a result!

Anyway, read an interesting article on the plane that cardiologists are finding that its more problematic to be thin/normal with too much fat as a percentage of body mass than to be "overweight" and work out regularly. So, for that reason among others I think the scale is a frustrating way to gauge progress - - it sounds like you have lost alot of fat and improved your cardiovascular health and you deserve a BB charm for that.

MontrealMum
03-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Maybe go to the sauna before the meeting?

In any case, I still think your loss thus far is a great achievement, keychain or not :) Congratulations to you!!!