View Full Version : Almost free Huggies at Walgreens

BargainMomforLuke
03-08-2009, 08:00 AM
I have not tried this but received this e-mail from my aunt:

Buy $25 worth get $10 Register Rewards from Walgreens
Huggies $10 x 2 = $20
Huggies Wipes $6

Total = $26
-$10 Huggies coupon ($5 IP x 2, One applies to diapers and one to wipes)
-$3 Huggues coupon (IP apply to diapers)
-$2 IVC (Walgreens Coloring book)

Out Of Pocket = $11
Earn $10 Register Rewards to be used like cash (with an expiration date)

To print coupons for Huggies, go to Http://www.couponmom.com

Select “Print over $100 of coupons” – scroll through coupons, clip the ones you want and then print.

veronica
03-08-2009, 08:11 AM
I have not tried this but received this e-mail from my aunt:

Buy $25 worth get $10 Register Rewards from Walgreens
Huggies $10 x 2 = $20
Huggies Wipes $6

Total = $26
-$10 Huggies coupon ($5 IP x 2, One applies to diapers and one to wipes)
-$3 Huggues coupon (IP apply to diapers)
-$2 IVC (Walgreens Coloring book)

Out Of Pocket = $11
Earn $10 Register Rewards to be used like cash (with an expiration date)

To print coupons for Huggies, go to Http://www.couponmom.com

Select “Print over $100 of coupons” – scroll through coupons, clip the ones you want and then print.

I had read about this on a bargain board but did not print anything out yet. Can you tell me what IP means tough?(IP apply to diapers) and I guess that IVC stands for Instant Value coupons-but where is the coloring book? In the kids section? Thanks

Radosti
03-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Both coupons say that they've reached print limit.

KrisM
03-08-2009, 08:53 AM
IP = Internet Printable

coupons.com has printable Huggies. The $5 is for Gentle Care, which only goes to size 2, I think. Small sizes, in any case. The $3 is for Natural Care, which are the bigger sizes.

In my store, the coloring book is near the pharmacy.

After you do this, keep the receipt to submit to Caregiver's Marketplace and get another $.75 per pack back.

You can only do the deal 1 time per transaction (so check out more than once, if you have more coupons). You can not repeat this deal using the $10RR you got. You will have to spend the $10 on other things. Most likely, non Kimberly Clark brand things.

KrisM
03-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Both coupons say that they've reached print limit.

I just printed a $3 one from www.coupons.com. Also try www.couponbug.com.

calv
03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
we need and love the huggies wipes. what's the best way to make this deal work?!?! And no i haven't had my coffee yet today :)

ett
03-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Has anyone done this deal already? Do we still get the $10RR even though the total will be less than $25 after coupons?

veronica
03-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Has anyone done this deal already? Do we still get the $10RR even though the total will be less than $25 after coupons?

you should, since coupons are considered a form of payment and not a reduction in your total....

inmypjs
03-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I did it today and it worked great! My WG did not carry any Natural Fit or Gentle Care wipes, so I just bought 3 packs of Natural Fit diapers. (Target does have the wipes though! And you can use the 1.50 off Huggies wipes Q that came in the baby mailer if you have it.)

I also found the extra Walgreens $1 off Huggies coupon in the Walgreens Activity Book! I couldn't believe it. I read about it online, and there it was in the coloring book section. It is a square book, a little smaller than a regular coloring book. There is a sheet of WG coupons on the first page, including a $1 off Huggies. It was .99 but the coupon automatically took $1 off each pack, so worth it! I just had them scan it in the book, so they let me keep the coupon.

Anyway, the register rewards do appear to work as long as your total is $25 before coupons.

HTH!

Suebell
03-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I couldn't find the Walgreens coloring book earlier today - it was driving me nuts. I was at another Walgreens and found it by the pharmacy - it says on the front "activity book" - small & square like the pp said. Mine rang up for only 25 cents (though it's marked $0.99).

(I also can't find the darn $2 off walgreens dipes in the pharmacy trifold...the 2 walgreens I've been to have a different one that doesn't include the dipe coupon - argh)

eta:
oops forgot to post - bought 1 pack gentle dipes, 1 pack natural dipes, 1 pack of wipes & used 2 $5 off coupons and 1 $3 off coupon - ended up spending $14 (with tax) & got the $10 register rewards.

mamaAnn
03-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Arg! Both my Walgreens were out of the Gentle Care in all sizes so I couldn't take advantage of the $5 coupon. I did get some of the Natural Fit (or whatever they're called) with the $3 coupon though.
One store said they were ordering more so hopefully they'll get them before Saturday.
Both stores said they had women in at dawn clearing the shelves!

I'm saving my $10 RR to use on the 2/$9 Walgreens diapers next week!

mamaAnn
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
FYI-you can call your local Walgreens and see if they are getting an order in before Saturday. If they are, you can ask to special order any of the diapers they are out of. I called and ordered 6 pkgs of the Gentle Care and they said they would be in Friday so I'll still get to use my $5 coupons and get the RR! woohoo!

poppy
03-08-2009, 11:07 PM
At my Walgreens, there was a sign that said $2.00 off if you buy 2 jumbo pkgs of any brand diapers. Did anyone get this and the $10 bucks of register rewards? Also, I cannot find the coloring book--I guess only some places have it. My Walgreens said they get a new shipment every Wed so to expect it on the shelves by Thursday or Friday.

I want to print the diaper coupons but am a bit weary of installing a coupon printer. Has anyone had problems and is there a site that did not reach its print capacity?

BTW, someone mentioned you can use the $5 on wipes, not just diapers?

Thanks for answering my questions!

srhs
03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
At my Walgreens, there was a sign that said $2.00 off if you buy 2 jumbo pkgs of any brand diapers. Did anyone get this and the $10 bucks of register rewards?
No, the fine print on that sign says something about regular price only.

Also, I cannot find the coloring book--I guess only some places have it. My Walgreens said they get a new shipment every Wed so to expect it on the shelves by Thursday or Friday.

I would not expect new coloring books to arrive as the coupons expire 3-31-09. Mine were not near the pharmacy but rather by the coloring books on toys but sitting on the bottom shelf not standing vertical. (TY KatieG, :signthankspin:)

QUESTION: Did you get to keep your Huggies coupon from the coloring book? I asked, but they said no. :( So, only a net $1 savings since I got wipes.

Staraglimmer
03-09-2009, 01:01 AM
I did it. I didn't have a coloring book, and they would not take the gentle care $5 for wipes. DD wears a 4, so she does not fit in the gentle care diapers (red package sizes n-2). But they did let me use the gentle care coupon on the natural fit diapers (red package sizes 3-6). She said since they were both the red "supreme" diapers she would try it. I had everyone that i know print the coupons for me (you can print them 2 x per computer per site....some sites overlap though).

Anyway this is what I did:

5 packs of huggies @ 10 each $50
$5 off coupon for each pack (I had 5) -$25
I got $10 in register rewards -$10

=$15 for 5 packs of Huggies :thumbsup:

I figure that $3 a pack is the best that I will ever see
apparently there is also a way to get $.75 back for each pack also, but I have not figured it out yet.

HTH

KrisM
03-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I did it. I didn't have a coloring book, and they would not take the gentle care $5 for wipes. DD wears a 4, so she does not fit in the gentle care diapers (red package sizes n-2). But they did let me use the gentle care coupon on the natural fit diapers (red package sizes 3-6). She said since they were both the red "supreme" diapers she would try it. I had everyone that i know print the coupons for me (you can print them 2 x per computer per site....some sites overlap though).

Anyway this is what I did:

5 packs of huggies @ 10 each $50
$5 off coupon for each pack (I had 5) -$25
I got $10 in register rewards -$10

=$15 for 5 packs of Huggies :thumbsup:

I figure that $3 a pack is the best that I will ever see
apparently there is also a way to get $.75 back for each pack also, but I have not figured it out yet.

HTH

www.caregiversmarketplace.com. You register and then fill out a form and send in receipts...at least 8 products per time of sending it in. You can send in as many as you want and as many times as you want.

You also could have:
3 packs Huggies $30
3 coupons -$15
$10 in RR
Total is $5

3 packs Huggies $30
2 coupons - $10
$10 in RR
Total is $10.

Same total of $15, but now you'd have 6 packs of Huggies.

christiedavid3
03-09-2009, 01:23 PM
heading to Walgreens today to try this! :bighand:

Staraglimmer
03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
My Walgreens said that I had to reach $25 after coupons in order to earn the register rewards.

Has anyone actually gotten the RR by spending $25 before coupons?

mamaAnn
03-09-2009, 05:59 PM
My Walgreens said that I had to reach $25 after coupons in order to earn the register rewards.

Has anyone actually gotten the RR by spending $25 before coupons?

They are wrong since coupons are a form of payment.
Unfortunately, others have had this problem too. If they just scan the coupons you should get the RR. I did it with 2 diapers and TP. I had 2 coupons for $5 and $3 for dipes and my total was only $19 and I still got the RR for $10.

If you have another Walgreens I'd try there.

Good luck!

veronica
03-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm such an idiot..I forgot to give the $3 IP coupons!!! I know they won't adjust but here is what I did:

2 packs of size 5 supremes= $20
1 pack of wipes = $6

Less: $5 IP (worked with no problem on the wipes)
Less $1.5 x2 from my home mailer coupons
Less: $1.0 x2 from the activity book

Net spend was $16 and I got the $10 register rewards

Then I did 2 packs of pullups for DD with the wipes and I also had a 2x$2 coupons and another $1 off for the activity book worked here too, for the pullups so that was a better deal and again, the $5 coupon worked on the wipes and I received another Register reward.

I am so mad that I have 2 of the $3 coupons that would have worked on DS's diapers, that I think I am going to go back tomorrow since I still have two $1.5 coupons from my home mailer for Ds's diapers....I just got flustered since there were only three packages on the counter and like 9 coupons to scan and the girl looked at me like I was crazy!

KrisM
03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm such an idiot..I forgot to give the $3 IP coupons!!! I know they won't adjust but here is what I did:

2 packs of size 5 supremes= $20
1 pack of wipes = $6

Less: $5 IP (worked with no problem on the wipes)
Less $1.5 x2 from my home mailer coupons
Less: $1.0 x2 from the activity book

Net spend was $16 and I got the $10 register rewards

Then I did 2 packs of pullups for DD with the wipes and I also had a 2x$2 coupons and another $1 off for the activity book worked here too, for the pullups so that was a better deal and again, the $5 coupon worked on the wipes and I received another Register reward.

I am so mad that I have 2 of the $3 coupons that would have worked on DS's diapers, that I think I am going to go back tomorrow since I still have two $1.5 coupons from my home mailer for Ds's diapers....I just got flustered since there were only three packages on the counter and like 9 coupons to scan and the girl looked at me like I was crazy!

I'm not sure I understand. You can't use both the $1.50 mailer coupons and the IP coupons for the same items. Both are manu coupons and you can only use 1 manu per item. You may have meant that you wanted to use the $3 IP instead of the $1.50, which would be fine :).

pharmjenn
03-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I didn't think I would be able to use both, but this is what happened to me.
2 packs GC size 4=$20
1 pack wipes =$6
2 IP $5 each=$10 off (gave her the $5 one instead of the $3 one and it went through, so gave her the other one)
1 $1.50 off (it wouldn't take the other one, or the $0.50 off for the wipes)
then the $10 RR.

So I got 2 packs and wipes for net $4.50

I don't know why the larger size diapers took the newborn coupons, but planning to print some more and try again tomorrow.

veronica
03-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure I understand. You can't use both the $1.50 mailer coupons and the IP coupons for the same items. Both are manu coupons and you can only use 1 manu per item. You may have meant that you wanted to use the $3 IP instead of the $1.50, which would be fine :).

OH- I thought if they were different denominations and from a different source that you could?.....i was able to use the $1.50 from my home mailer and the $1.00 from the activity book and both of those are manufacturer coupons......I guess I will give it a try tomorrow. I have both $3 coupons and two $1.50 left and I was hoping to have DH print the $5 coupon for more wipes....hopefully I get a different shift of associates tomorrow!

KrisM
03-09-2009, 07:33 PM
OH- I thought if they were different denominations and from a different source that you could?.....i was able to use the $1.50 from my home mailer and the $1.00 from the activity book and both of those are manufacturer coupons......I guess I will give it a try tomorrow. I have both $3 coupons and two $1.50 left and I was hoping to have DH print the $5 coupon for more wipes....hopefully I get a different shift of associates tomorrow!

The activity book ones might go in the system as Walgreen's coupons though. The ones in the ES book are labeled Manus, but go in as Wags.

hlt0903
03-09-2009, 11:19 PM
I was able to use the $5 huggies coupon for Size 4 diapers. I want to try again but wasn't sure if I can use the $10 rewards towards buying more diapers. Has anyone been able to do this? thanks

Macy
03-09-2009, 11:40 PM
You can use the Huggies register rewards towards buying more Huggies, HOWEVER you WON'T receive another Huggies register reward if you do this.

Staraglimmer
03-10-2009, 12:07 PM
This deal has made me so happy! :cheerleader1:
Reall, who would have thought, I am ecstatic over the price of diapers. I think my life might be too boring! :wink2:

debbo
03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Does anyone have any idea if this deal works with Huggies Overnights...or if Walgreens even sells Overnights, size 6??

Thanks!!

mamaAnn
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I think it works for any Huggies dipes or Pull ups (Pull ups are mentioned in the ad). All the Huggies products had the $10 sale sign at my local store. You can always just ask them to scan it to check the price.

ett
03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Does anyone have any idea if this deal works with Huggies Overnights...or if Walgreens even sells Overnights, size 6??

Thanks!!

My Walgreens did not have any huggies overnights.

KrisM
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM

Thanks!!

I didn't check, but generally, Overnights are excluded. This is why DD wears Good Nites even though they are enormous on her. They are usually included.

Macy
03-10-2009, 10:46 PM
None of the Walgreens in my area sell the Overnites any longer -- they stopped selling them some time last year. :(

Momof3Labs
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM

Thanks!!

I believe that it does work on Overnights (they aren't excluded, whereas CVS always excludes them from Huggies deals) but our Walgreens only carries one size of Overnights - size 4, I believe.

emily_gracesmama
03-11-2009, 10:06 PM
My walgreens wouldn't take the coupon for wipes, they pointed out it says diaper, i argued diaper product, but didn't go crazy on it. She said her manager had said they couldn't take it on wipes anymore. Still awesome deal, I got some newborns for a baby shower I have in a few weeks and I'll be returning to use my rewards to get some natural cares in 5 for Katie!

Momof3Labs
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
My walgreens wouldn't take the coupon for wipes, they pointed out it says diaper, i argued diaper product, but didn't go crazy on it. She said her manager had said they couldn't take it on wipes anymore. Still awesome deal, I got some newborns for a baby shower I have in a few weeks and I'll be returning to use my rewards to get some natural cares in 5 for Katie!

Which coupon were you trying to use? The one that said Any Huggies Gentle Care Product should be okay on wipes (Gentle Care wipes only) but the one that said Any Huggies Gentle Care Diaper Product wasn't intended for wipes, so I can see why they would turn that one away.

hlt0903
03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
They were out of the Gentle care diapers so I thought I'd try the Snug & dry and the coupons worked!

avd3875
03-12-2009, 11:57 PM
I did it today at my Walgreens. I was very pleased to see that they had everything I wanted. The woman at the register wasn't sure about all the coupons, so she called someone else over who said that I couldn't have the register rewards because, "it would mean that you're getting this for about $5". I wanted to say, "yeah, that's the whole idea!" They called the manager over who informed them that I was allowed to use all the coupons, and get the register rewards. I think I'll have my mom go do it tomorrow.

Thanks to all you wonderful bargain hunters for finding another great deal!

poppy
03-13-2009, 12:30 AM
The Walgreens closest to me said I could only buy 1 pack of Huggies diapers b/c someone bought 6 packs on Sunday and wiped them out. I don't see how someone buying 6 wipes them out, but they even had a sign up. I went to a different Walgreens across town and got 3 packs for 5 bucks plus tax. What a hassle! But I still got a bargain.

KrisM
03-13-2009, 06:38 AM
I had my favorite cashier this morning and she let me do 4 back-to-back transactions, all with coupons! I had my parents print coupons, so I was set. I don't need the diapers in Gentle Care sizes, so I'll donate those to the pregnancy center or something. But, I got 6 packs of size 2 and 6 of size 4 and there were plenty left on the shelf still. After rebates, it'll be something like $3.10 for the smaller sizes (total) and $15 for the bigger sizes, including tax. The small ones are actually free before tax!

Now, I have 4 $10 RR that I can use to stock up on Wags diapers next week. Four packs is $10.60 with tax, so I can get 16 more packs and use those rewards up.

My Wags gift card is actually down to zero. It hasn't been that low since August. They still owe me $42 from Feb and I hope it comes quickly!

mariadm
03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
You can also print the coupons for the huggies at redplum.com

mamaAnn
03-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Yay! The new shipment came in today and I got 6 more pkgs. I had 6 $5 off coupons and didn't have any problems with the $10RR printing out when I was done even though it was less than $25. I had a few other coupons for things that came out to less than $1 and the cashier even complimented me on what a great savings I had! Thank goodness I didn't have one of the "difficult" cashiers because I had all 3 kids and one had taken off his shoes...

Mine also spit out $5 formula coupons which I don't need so I'll donate them somewhere.

Now I have 3 $10RRs to use next week when the Walgreens brand dipes are on sale again 2 for $9! Woohoo!