PDA

View Full Version : Carseats for WDW trip?

DCmommy
03-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Normally I'm a safety nut about carseats & travel -- we always bring them for our usual trip to the Caribbean but there we get a rental car and do at least one or two trips in the car with the kiddos every day, so they're totally non-negotiable. For this trip though, I'm confused:

We decided at the sort-of-last-minute to go to WDW for a week at the end of March. I'll be 30 weeks with #3 by then and I'm trying REALLY hard to minimize our footprint of "stuff" for this trip. We're staying onsite @ the Polynesian and will use Disney transportation (monorail, buses as appropriate), and don't plan to leave the World until we go back to the airport for our return flight so we're not getting a rental car.

DS #1 just turned 6 and DS #2 is about 3.5. Family friends are dropping us off/picking us up in our car at our local airport so we'll have our own carseats to get to/from the airport here. If I brought seats I would check them (we have a carseat bag to put them in) rather than carry them on the plane with us. Because we plan to use Disney transportation for the rest of our trip, do we bring the carseat and booster just for the roundtrip to and from the airport in Orlando? We have some sort of transfer lined up for that but I'm not sure if it's a shuttle bus or a town car (DH is in charge of that end of the organizing). Can you use a booster/carseat on the Disney shuttle bus?

What have you other WDW moms done? TIA!

egoldber
03-08-2009, 03:23 PM
do we bring the carseat and booster just for the roundtrip to and from the airport in Orlando? We have some sort of transfer lined up for that but I'm not sure if it's a shuttle bus or a town car (DH is in charge of that end of the organizing). Can you use a booster/carseat on the Disney shuttle bus?

It sounds like you are using the Magical Express to get to/from the airport to the Poly? In which case, you do not need and in fact cannot use a carseat. It is a large motor coach bus (think Greyhound type) and does not have seatbelts.

clc053103
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I went with 3 yo in Sept- do not take a car seat. There is no where you will actually be able to use one (not allowed on Disney transportation!), except on plane i guess, and DS did just fine staying in a seatbelt for the entire plane ride- tip: window seat!

DCmommy
03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the info! We'll be skipping the car seats if we can't use them on the Disney transportation. Now I get to obsess about which stroller to bring :)