PDA

View Full Version : Switch update + Best lightweight leave-in-your-trunk stroller?

researchedout
03-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Hello,
We're still happy with our Peg Switch - we love the reversible seat. It's just HEAVY and I'm having trouble lifting it in and out of the trunk. So now we have to find a lightweight model to leave in our car, and we'll save the Peg for neighborhood walks.

What are you happy with? Any issues with the Maclarens' "fragile fold," as BB411 put it. G-Lite? others? I'm willing to fork out the dough to get a durable, quality stroller with all the fixins, but it doesn't have to recline.
Thank you!

meme9300
03-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't recommend the G-luxe. I test drove it and was thoroughly unimpressed. I went with the Quest and LOVE it!

alirebco
03-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Definitely a Maclaren. It takes up hardly any room in the trunk and it is so light. Plus it steers great! Ours lives in our car and we use our bigger stroller for walks around the neighborhood.

KBecks
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I like our Mac Volo.

elektra
03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Is the switch a lot heavier than the P3? The P3 is my car stroller actually. So that is my "lightweight" but I agree it's not exactly light. My other main stroller is an MBUS. So if the switch is anything like a P3 in terms of heft/weight I would say go with a Maclaren Volo if you want something a whole lot lighter. I would imagine a quest or maybe even a triumph may not be that "grab and go" super lightweight you want compared to the switch.

strollerqueen
03-09-2009, 02:39 AM
The Switch is about three pounds heavier than the P3.

Melbel
03-09-2009, 07:06 AM
My Chicco Cortina was too heavy and cumbersome for me to lift in and out of our SUV. I am very happy with our BJCM which has an amazing true one handed hold, great steering, great canopy and is not tippy like a MAC. If you search the stroller forum, you will see quite a lot of discussion lately re. light weight strollers.

mama2zoe
03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm thinking I should know this, but what is a BJCM?

strollerqueen
03-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Baby Jogger City Mini.

jacksmoma
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
funny most have their peg's as their stay-in-the-car-stroller- they are not great for walking outside, you feel every bump. I would keep the peg in your car and get a jogging style one to keep at home like a bob rev- they are amazing for that. but if you want to keep the pliko at home, a mac is super small BUT not comfy at all for the baby and extremely tips- we sold ours. the bjcm would be great for the car; it is comparible in feature to your peg, though, just about 6 lbs lighter, and better for outside walks.

codex57
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I like the BJCM too.

That said, if space is tight, I see nothing wrong with the Macs. I don't find their folds flimsy. They're quite sturdy strollers. My only real complaint is that they're tippy. When shopping at the mall, we use our stroller like a sherpa and hang all sorts of stuff off of it. Can't do that with a Mac. But if you want light weight, they're tough to beat.

lorinick
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
I love my Mac Quest but if I'm doing a lot of shopping I'll use the Metro Lite or the City Mini to hold my heavy bags. The Mac is my go to stroller for quick trips and I think the fold is great. It's a well made umbrella stroller.