PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings and bedtime...uuuggghhh

amyhome1
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I am so stressed out about bedtime tonight...it will be sunny out when I put my kids to bed at 7:00...

Any suggestions???

elizabethkott
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I fully plan on running my child ragged this afternoon! Granted, he JUST NOW went down for his nap (It's 4pm!!!!!) and I'm seriously considering waking him up in an hour just so that he's tired...
Tranquilizer darts? :D

clc053103
03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I got very lucky at Naptime- usually naps at 3, and at 3 (2 according to our bodies!) I just said look it's 3, go nap- and he went. But it's also warm here today and we ran around outside for a few hours! Hoping that sets us up for smooth sailing this evening.

kayte
03-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I put DD (age 3) down at normal naptime (although it was an hour early to her) and just told her it was time--it took about 25-30 minutes for her to fall asleep. Planning on the same at bedtime. As for the light outside bit, just mention the sun changed his bedtime, but ours has to stay the same.

I did the same thing last year. After about a week, we were back to normal. (falling asleep within 15 minutes of going to bed)

We also went to the park this morning and she is at the golf course chipping and putting with DH tight now and sure to come home dirty and tired.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I am so stressed out about bedtime tonight...it will be sunny out when I put my kids to bed at 7:00...

Any suggestions???

Move to Arizona! We don't have DS!;)

specialp
03-08-2009, 06:06 PM
It doesn't help now, but I read that it's best to start the day before the change (Friday) and move everything (bedtime, snack time, dinner, etc.) up 30 minutes, then the next day 30 minutes more, to make the adjustment smoother for moving into the new week.

g-mama
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Can you just put them to bed at 8? They probably won't feel ready at 7.

egoldber
03-08-2009, 06:48 PM
:yeahthat:

I would just plan to put them down an hour later.

Of course, that was my plan with Amy and at 6:15 she was pulling at the gate to the upstairs yelling "Bed! Bed!" And went to sleep in 30 seconds. So the best laid plans....

KrisM
03-08-2009, 07:36 PM
:yeahthat:

I would just plan to put them down an hour later.

Of course, that was my plan with Amy and at 6:15 she was pulling at the gate to the upstairs yelling "Bed! Bed!" And went to sleep in 30 seconds. So the best laid plans....

Yeah, that's us. DD normally goes to bed about 7:30. She fell asleep on the floor in the family room at 7pm.

DS1 is about ready and I think he'll go by 8 for sure.

I'm not sure how we managed it this time, but we seem to have gotten lucky!

elektra
03-08-2009, 07:50 PM
I didn't plan anything this time, but it may work out for us since DD was out with DH on errands this morning and pretty much missed her nap except for a few minutes in the car (if she even dozes off for a few minutes on the car she does not go down in her crib at home).
So I am just going to put her down at 7pm which would be her regular time based on the clock but if you compare it to yesterday it will be an hour earlier.