PDA

View Full Version : ISO boys' tuxedo etc

NewMom04
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
My son just turned 5 and will be a ringbearer this July. Any tips or advice on where to land an amazing deal on a black tux. I'd have to get either a black or super pale pink tie or bowtie as well. What would be a "reasonable" or average "good" price for a whole outfit minus the shoes?

Also, any shoe brand I can look for that was comfy to your little guys?

Thanks for any tip you can give me.

naam
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Try Ebay. You can usually get a complete tux set (including shirt) for about $30.

MomtoNico
03-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I bought a tux for my son off of Ebay. I paid about 23 for it and I was vary happy with it. To rent one was about 100. Not thanks. I rented a tie for him to match the wedding party for 5 dollars.

deannanb
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
we just did this for last weekend!

Just bought a tux from http://tinytux.com/
they were very helpful over the phone -
and shipping was quick

we ended up renting shoes from the tux place where the guys got their tuxs from - (it was $15 because that is what the bride wanted - but I would have bought something for the same price)
but check out payless for shoes
http://tinyurl.com/c9klg4

mominma
03-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I just stumbled upon this looking for something else on Amazon:

New Ring Bearer Boys Tuxedo Tail Suit Tux Set Black From Baby to Teen Gino Giovanni

http://www.amazon.com/Ring-Bearer-Boys-Tuxedo-Black/dp/B001GKCUR4/ref=rsl_mainw_dpl?ie=UTF8&m=A3HWO5UJNZI9IE

NewMom04
03-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Thank you all so much. What a great start. I never would have thought to try ebay or amazon. I was stuck thinking of dept or tuxedo stores or some other B & M place. That link to payless looks nice. Thanks, Deanna! I'll update with anything that looks promising for others who also need a tux.

brianaw
03-09-2009, 01:58 AM
I bought my son a really nice tuxedo at Burlington Coat Factory. I think it was about $19-25. I got tons of positive feedback on it. He wore it like 2-3 times, and I sold it on craiglist for about the same price!!

Hope you also find a good deal.

NewMom04
06-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Thanks, all. I ended up going to Burlington Coat Factory and only found sizes 7 & up which ranged from $35 & up.They had nice shirts and matching ties for about $15, but all the size 5 -6 tuxes at my store only had just the pants or the vest. Thankfully, a friend had a size 6 I can use for my 5 y.o. if I sew in the cuffs a bit. Ebay had some nice ones, but I went to BCF first bc I wasn't sure of his size.

I ended getting a flower girl dress too as we were just told the wedding party needed a back up - my DD. They had white communion dresses that were so cute which ranged from $25-$40 & up. If you are looking for off white, peach or pink, they had pretty ones that were $17-$35 range. A few styles had matching doll dresses that were absolutely adorable.

MJM shoes is affiliated with BCF I believe. They were right next door and so I tried them for the first time and saw about 4 styles of dressy shoes for flower girls. $15-$30 if I recall. Payless had 1 more flexible pair I was eyeing, but was waiting for their BOGO to stretch that dollar. Payless also had dressy boy shoes for just under $20.

HTH someone.

mom2binsd
06-04-2009, 01:16 AM
I've gotten dressy boys shoes at Walmart for about 9.00. Also check consignment stores for the tux and shoes.