PDA

View Full Version : Anything slightly bigger than the LE Little Tripper?

slworld
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I recently purchased an LE Little Tripper after reading all the great reviews. I really like the organization in the bag but it is a tad small for my needs. My first trip out with it, I packed 2 bottles, a formula dispenser, 2 diapers, small pack of wipes, burp cloth, bib, wash cloth (DS is a big spitter), a ziplock with bottle accessories (dr.brown's vents & nipples), the changing pad that comes with the bag and then I could hardly fit the outside zipper pocket with my stuff (plastic card holder, couple of other small items) and it was bulging (guess its because the bag is too stiff). I used to carry a basic mini tote that I bought from Babies r us and it fit all this except it absolutely had no organization especially for the bottles. DS is 8months old and drinks very little at a time so I have to carry atleast one bottle most of the time. So I was wondering if there is anything just slightly bigger than the Little Tripper with decent organization and something I can use as a shoulder bag preferably. I have a SkipHop Dash but felt it was a little too big for a couple of hours outing.

Thanks much

WatchingThemGrow
03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I have the LT and the SHDash, and I'm not sure there would be an "in between" step. Can you leave anything in the car for just a couple months or just take the Dash while you need more stuff? The LT should suffice soon. You had the bottles in the bottle pockets? And...can you put the formula directly into the dry, clean bottles, then add the water later? We always had the First Years pouches so they were flat in the side of the LT, taking up no room at all.

slworld
03-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes I had the bottles in the pockets outside. Are you able to fit sippy cups etc for once you don't need bottles? Where do you put them? What are the First Years pouches?

Thanks

WatchingThemGrow
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM
yes n the sippies. we use take n toss. others fit also.

here are the formula bags http://www.kidsurplus.com/itemDetail-item-10%20RC2%201860~-~fromsearch-true.asp

slworld
03-09-2009, 03:06 PM
here are the formula bags http://www.kidsurplus.com/itemDetail-item-10%20RC2%201860~-~fromsearch-true.asp

Those are really cool but they are unavaible/out of stock on most sites. Is there a B&M store where you can get them?

I see a similar product but i am not sure of the brand.
http://www.pediatricplanet.com/product.aspx?i=194&c=7

Thanks

WatchingThemGrow
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
You used to be able to get them at Target and BRU. I stocked up with DS, so I still have a pkg.

They also make the formula things you can break apart, which seem to take up less space. http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y1861A1

We just put the stuff in the bottle and poured water from our bottles in there sometimes.

mommytoC
03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
My favorite's the LL Bean large touring/diaper bag...it's a bargain ($39 for the large touring/$49 for the diaper (= large touring + changing pad)), and hand's down the best organized bag I found:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=51604&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&feat=40299-ppxs&dds=y

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=40299&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&feat=sr&freeText=diaper%20bag

I also have the small touring for "quick trips", which is similar to the LT, but almost always use the large.

SnuggleBuggles
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I don't use the changing pad that comes with the LT because I think it is too bulky. I have a diaper/ wiper (like Diapees Wipees) cloth pouch that I put 2 diapers, a small ziploc of wipes (maybe 6), about 2 bags for disposing of old diapers and those paper thin disposable changing pad covers they sell. The covers don't offer any cushioning but they provide a clean surface and are so compact.

I do what others do- I keep a lot of things in my car in a bigger diaper bag. I don't need a lot of stuff when I am going out and about.

Beth

WatchingThemGrow
03-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I have one of those LLB touring bags too, but mine doesn't have the organization of the LE, and it only has one bottle pocket.

mommytoC
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I have one of those LLB touring bags too, but mine doesn't have the organization of the LE, and it only has one bottle pocket.

The small touring does have only 1 (bottle pocket); the large has 3, one outside and two inside. Both have a nice front "organizer", large inside zip pocket, and back "velcro" pocket. The large also has two small side pockets (on the side opposite the bottle pocket)...I used the upper for DD's "binkie" and the lower for Kleenex/Purell.

new_mommy25
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Check out the Skip Hop Dash. I thought it had great organization and I really liked it as a diaper bag.

MamaKath
03-10-2009, 11:10 PM
LLBean Diaper bag/Large Travel Touring bag? Similar style, larger bag. One bottle holder on the outside, not 2 though. Mesh pockets (3) inside, but I don't think they would hold a bottle though maybe. Has an additional internal large zip pocket, back panel pocket, front organizer pocket and two smaller size velcro pockets outside. Great bag as well.

IDcam
03-10-2009, 11:50 PM
LLBean Diaper bag/Large Travel Touring bag? Similar style, larger bag. One bottle holder on the outside, not 2 though. Mesh pockets (3) inside, but I don't think they would hold a bottle though maybe. Has an additional internal large zip pocket, back panel pocket, front organizer pocket and two smaller size velcro pockets outside. Great bag as well.

I have the LLB Diaper Bag and can fit my wide-neck glass BornFree bottles in the any of the 3 mesh pockets inside. It is a bit snug but definitely can be shoved in the pockets! The bag is an excellent size and does have great organization. Plus, you can get it monogrammed! =D I recently have been bitten by the Ju-Ju-Be bug. Their bags are fun and functional as well. I have a small JJB for quick trips but their larger bags are great too. Check out the Pink Room on their website. You can get a great deal from the ladies selling and trading on that board.

bunyvet
03-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I think my LE little tripper was a bit small also-- I use a Sherpani Flora minor or Sherpani Trevina as they are both slightly larger. and a Lexie barnes Darling-- great bag! that is slightly bigger but is a bit taller and also has great pockets and organization. Lots of deal sites and diaper bag groups etc have these on sale right now. I got mine for under $40 w shipping.
Good luck!

slworld
03-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I think my LE little tripper was a bit small also-- I use a Sherpani Flora minor or Sherpani Trevina as they are both slightly larger. and a Lexie barnes Darling-- great bag! that is slightly bigger but is a bit taller and also has great pockets and organization. Lots of deal sites and diaper bag groups etc have these on sale right now. I got mine for under $40 w shipping.
Good luck!

Does the Trevina actually fit more than the LE Tripper; dimensions wise, the tripper is actually bigger (maybe the Trevina is not as stiff so may fit more)? The flora minor seems to be the same size as the tripper.

ang79
05-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Good luck!

Can I ask where you got one for this price? I've heard so many good things about them, I might have to try one! Thanks!

DrSally
05-16-2009, 09:19 PM

I have used this as my purse/diaper bag. I ordered the large travel touring bag since it was cheaper and I didn't need the changing pad. I love all the pockets. I keep my stuff in the outside compartments and DS's sippy in the "bottle holder". There are side outside pockets for keys, cell. Inside I put a few dipes and a small pack of wipes, my billfold, epipen, benadryl, coupons. I only bring the larger diaper bag when going out for a long outing.