PDA

View Full Version : Change in Walgreens Coupon Policy?

icunurse
03-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I went today to buy the shampoo that was normally $2.99 and had a Walgreens EasySaver coupon for $2 off. I also had a $1 coupon from the Sunday paper. The clerk outright refused to let me use both coupons because the coupons totaled more than the purchase price (by 1 cent!). So if my coupon had been for 99 cents, the item would have been free, but because it was for $1, I couldn't use it at all. When I asked about a price adjustment, etc. she just turned off.....I guess some woman tried the same thing earlier and really ran her into the ground. I KNOW I have done this before and at other stores - is this a new policy? Maybe just this Walgreens?? I wasn't at my usual Walgreens....

cjpickles
03-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I think it was just that cashier. I went on a Walgreen's run tonight (3 places and 3 cashiers), and they all took both coupons for 8 Garnier products I bought total. Just try a different one and see.

bokicat
03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I was buying the colgate toothpaste ($3.49), used the $2.50 Walgreens coupon, and tried to use my $1.00 manufacturer's coupon, but they wouldn't allow the use of both coupons because they were both to be deducted pre-tax, and the computer won't allow a "negative" amount.

DietCokeLover
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I did the same thing today at our Walgreens and didn't have any problem.

KrisM
03-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I did it today, too. So long as you have fillers so that the total doesn't actually go negative, it usually works.

icunurse
03-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I did it today, too. So long as you have fillers so that the total doesn't actually go negative, it usually works.

I had two other items that I was buying without coupons....didn't seem to matter to the friendly cashier.

Momof3Labs
03-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Try a different Walgreens. I had no problems at 179th & Wolf, but be sure to give the manu coupons first and then the Walgreens coupon. I usually have good luck with Nancy, a beauty assistant at LaPorte & Wolf (Sat and Sun are good days to catch her), but when I was there on Sunday the $2 Walgreens coupon wasn't in the system and she had to do some maneuvers to get it to ring up right.

icunurse
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Try a different Walgreens. I had no problems at 179th & Wolf, but be sure to give the manu coupons first and then the Walgreens coupon. I usually have good luck with Nancy, a beauty assistant at LaPorte & Wolf (Sat and Sun are good days to catch her), but when I was there on Sunday the $2 Walgreens coupon wasn't in the system and she had to do some maneuvers to get it to ring up right.

I was rejected at LaPorte and Wolf. I think I'll stick to my own town from now on (they don't seem to care, at least so far). I'll try the coupon idea, though.....I just handed both to the cashier at the same time, though I don't think it would have worked anyway with her - she was a fiesty one! :)

mariadm
03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I was able to use the manufacturer coupon for $1.00 and just paid the tax. I don't know if is because I purchased other items as well. I am not sure if that made the difference!...the cashier did not ask anything she just took it the $1 coupon w/o any problems at all! Cashiers play that game sometimes!