PDA

View Full Version : 3 month old teething

eda
03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
My 3 month old is starting to teeth. She is in a lot of pain but is to young to really hold anything in her hand to help her. Her mouth is too small for most teethers, they make her gag. I think I have bought all of them. She does suck on her hand but it is not helping. What can we do???

AbbysMom
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
My 5 month old was the same. She loved Sophie the Giraffe to teeth on because she was always able to get some part of it in her mouth. We asked the doc but she didn't have many suggestions - just said that they could start teething then even if they don't get teeth for months - boohoo. We held the teethers that you can put in the refrigerator in her mouth for her and she liked those. She now has her two lower front teeth!

Melaine
03-09-2009, 09:11 PM
You might want to look into Amber Necklaces.

wellyes
03-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Mine got 4 teeth at three months! It's so tough.

I recommend a little Tylenol - call your ped for dosage (mine said .8). Lots of nursing, if you are breastfeeding. Sofie the Giraffe is a good suggestion too. We also gave her frozen celery sticks or frozen carrots to gnaw on, that seemed to help a little.

Tondi G
03-09-2009, 11:23 PM
You might want to try some Humphreys teething tablets too!

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=9143&at=0

I got ours from the pharmacy at our local target... it was behind the shelf but sells over the counter! They worked better than Hylands for us! I've heard good things about Sophie the giraffe for early teethers!

BabyMine
03-09-2009, 11:25 PM
washcloths from the freezer