PDA

View Full Version : Dear sister

hillview
03-09-2009, 09:14 PM
So when you schedule DN's baptism over my vacation time with DH and I let it go and then you hound me with email (3x) and calls (2x) to see if I am upset. And I respond that I am so excited that you are doing the baptism but that it was a little hard for me to take as we had this couple thing planned. Do NOT respond that you are PISSED at ME.

Man WHY do I fall for this CRAP??
/hillary

amandabea
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
You must be the sister of my SIL. I've gotten the guilt trip many times over their (hers and my bros)poor planning abilities, not to mention the fact that they don't communicate about dates. Apparently I had no business getting married anytime during the month of my DN's birthday. Keep in mind I "cleared" the date with my SIL prior to planning my wedding! Then the following year on our anniversary even though I had checked with them for several weeks about my DN's party and they had not planned anything, my brother yelled at me for planning something with my DH for the weekend that they threw together a very last minute party! And I got the "well, someday you'll realize how important kid's birthdays are" lecture from my SIL. Yes, this is the same SIL who planned a ski trip on my DD's 2nd birthday after I set the date.

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump in with my own rant! This is just one of those that hit close to home. It's one of those no-win situations. Go have fun on your pre-planned trip ad send lovely thoughts and a gift.

rgavelis
03-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Sorry you have to deal with that. She sounds really insecure and requires extra attention. I hope everything was ok.

frgsnlzrds
03-09-2009, 11:58 PM
I wish you luck. I'm having my own sister difficulties right now, too. I hope your situation gets better soon.