PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio ideas and deals

BaileyBea
03-10-2009, 12:27 AM
We are heading up to Sea World and I am looking for ideas of fun things to do in San Antonio with the kids. We are going this weekend for a long weekend.

So far we just have the Zoo and Sea World on the calendar.

I need ideas of where to eat.

Does anyone know of any Sea World Deals?

TIA
Nancy

kristenk
03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
DD really enjoyed the Children's Museum downtown. We were there when she was maybe 3yo?? Definitely stuff for her to do as well as older kids. Go as early in the day as you can, b/c it just gets more crowded as the day goes on (but that advice pretty much applies universally).

DD also loved riding on the trolleys. It was definitely a novel experience b/c she is normally in a car seat.

One of our favorite places to eat with DD is the Alamo Cafe on 281 just north of Bitters. Indoor/outdoor dining and a reasonable noise level. The tortillas are a bonus.

We also like the Canyon Cafe in the Quarry and have been there numerous times with DD. EZs is also there and a favorite from college days. Another favorite from a long time ago is Twin Sisters cafe/bakery.

If you have time, it's fun to go to the Guenther House for lunch. We've taken DD there several times, but it doesn't feel like they cater to kids. (She usually ends up with some sort of strange grilled cheese-esque sandwich, but DH and I like it so we go.) It's in the King William district and it's fun to walk around while waiting for a table to open up.

I got something recently from Sea World, but didn't pay too much attention to it. We got season passes last fall and it was a great decision. I tried to dig through the recycling for the mailer, but didn't have any luck. I'll check again later tonight, but it might have already gone to the school's paper bin.

How many days will you be there and where will you be staying?