PDA

View Full Version : Please help - kind of wanting a reversible stroller

KBecks
03-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Mark is 5 months old. I have been using the infant carseat with universal adapter stroller. He is getting big and heavy.

Our other strollers are an InStep double Safari, A P3 that I don't love, and a Volo. I also have a Peg tandem double I plan to sell.

I am thinking of buying a single stroller with a reversible seat. I looked briefly at the inexpensive models, I think a Kolcraft and I read that Britaxes are on sale.

I like good steering and a large basket. Lightweight is a plus but I am used to hauling the big double. My max would be $350ish, because I don't like spending lots on strollers.

What should I check into? I think this would be the "main single" and used until Mark is about a year or two, or we feel comfortable with the Volo as the only stroller.

I guess I am thinking of replacing the P3 and having an all-purpose reversible single.

Thanks!

firsttimemama
03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I have noticed this one before but I don't think they make it anymore so you'd have to search for it..

Fisher price infant to toddler stroller
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5005247

researchedout
03-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I like the Switch. It has everything I need and we LOVE the reversible seat. It's just heavy for me.

bubbaray
03-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I vote for the Switch, which is what I would buy if I needed a reversible stroller now. BUT, you said you d/n like your P3, so you probably won't like the Switch. What don't you like about your P3?

KBecks
03-10-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't like the basket on the P3 and it honestly feels like too much stroller. It's not bad, but it's not great.

I was looking at the Kolcraft 3 and 4 wheel Options models. I love my Kolcraft universal carseat carrier. And they are inexpensive, so I'm thinking of going for one of those, at the same time I don't want to be wasteful. It has a big basket and parent console, both are nice.

KBecks
03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
The Britax also looks interesting and seemed to be on super-sale somewhere.

Nooknookmom
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
I'd vote for a reversible handle stroller like the Venezia or Uno. I know they are "alot" of stroller though. However, the features are great, you can score a deal on the net too!

http://www.buzzillions.com/x/outgoing.dox?location=wtblt&merchant=5318&model=284398&product=299084&instock=true&position=1&pagetype=product

BRU has a revi black uno for $249.98 :)

Of the 8 strollers I had and sold for this baby, I wish I still had my Uno :(. The steering was kinda funky but I loved everything else about it.

KBecks
03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
I do really love my Kolcraft universal carseat carrier and am thinking of just going for the Kolcraft 4 wheel if I get a stroller at all, but I am also looking at the Britax Vigour and Verve(?) which seem to be available for $200ish. Any opinions on Britax?

Hawkeyewife
03-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I have a 6 year old Venezia and still LOVE it though it is showing its years. It has been everywhere and I can easily take the fabric off and wash it and it looks brand new.

I went to the BRU site to see about the $249 Uno, they are sold out! I would have bought it in a heartbeat if they were in stock - great price. Darn!

MamaKath
03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Loved my Milano, so I also say look for a reversible handle Peg. You can find them for a great deal usually places like Craigslist. The Uno at $249 is a superb deal if you can get it!!!

As for the Kolcraft, try it out at Sears before you buy. I loved a cheapy Kolcraft I had (I had a couple over the years). I was really pleased with the performance for the price and kept my expectations in line with this. Was it my all time favorite stroller? No, but it met the needs I had at the time. I found the company stood behind their products also if I ever needed anything. While I do not like Graco strollers or Cosco products in general, Kolcraft makes okay lower end stroller iykwim.

Hth~

purpelina
03-11-2009, 10:03 PM
If pliko feels like too much stroller, the kolcraft one will be a "hell lot more of a stroller", it's wider and heavier, with bigger wheels. But it's a good reversible stroller for a very decent price.

I would chime in with others and say look for a used venezia or milano on your local craigslist or other ads. Just make sure wheels are OK and turning well when you reverse the handle. Some older or "well loved" models have problems w/ steering. Just check out how stroller works in all set ups.

strollerqueen
03-11-2009, 10:27 PM
If pliko feels like too much stroller, the kolcraft one will be a "hell lot more of a stroller", it's wider and heavier, with bigger wheels. But it's a good reversible stroller for a very decent price.

I would chime in with others and say look for a used venezia or milano on your local craigslist or other ads. Just make sure wheels are OK and turning well when you reverse the handle. Some older or "well loved" models have problems w/ steering. Just check out how stroller works in all set ups.

Except, the Milano and Venezia are definitely "more" stroller than the Pliko. About the only reversible that might feel "less" is the Bugaboo Bee, but that is more than you want to pay. You might try looking for a used Aprica too; that would be lighter. They are not very good outdoor strollers, though.

bubbaray
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't like the basket on the P3 and it honestly feels like too much stroller. It's not bad, but it's not great.

I was looking at the Kolcraft 3 and 4 wheel Options models. I love my Kolcraft universal carseat carrier. And they are inexpensive, so I'm thinking of going for one of those, at the same time I don't want to be wasteful. It has a big basket and parent console, both are nice.

I can't see you liking any of the other stroller suggested for the reasons SQ stated -- the Switch is about the "least" of the strollers on the list, all the others are bigger, bulkier.

Nooknookmom
03-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Except, the Milano and Venezia are definitely "more" stroller than the Pliko. About the only reversible that might feel "less" is the Bugaboo Bee, but that is more than you want to pay. You might try looking for a used Aprica too; that would be lighter. They are not very good outdoor strollers, though.

Yup, I'll 2nd that used Aprica. I looooooooooooooved my 2 Apricas. Definately not good for anything off-roady though!

KBecks
03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks, I kind of realize what I want doesn't exist. I considered yesterday why am I having this stroller bug but I like the idea of DS facing me. If it weren't for wanting him to face me I would keep using the P3 and our Volo. (So spoiled by the Volo!) But he's a little guy and it would be fun for him to face me.

I now drive a minivan and I do haul a big double in and out of the minivan regularly so heavy is probably not a terrible problem, especially since I am not wedging it into a car trunk. I may go scope out the Kolcraft at Target next time we go. I'm not sure if it's worth it though to get a new stroller just to have DS face me.

How much is the Bee? Probably too much! And I am not nice to strollers, they get abused and I wouldn't want to trash up a $$ stroller and wreck it's resale.

KBecks
03-12-2009, 08:33 AM
There is a Venezia on our CL for $175. I emailed asking for photos.

KBecks
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Looking again, the Switch does look like a nice stroller. I might be feeling too cheap though about buying one. I could sell our P3 and our Perego tandem and that would help make it more reasonable. Is the Perego the lightest?