PDA

View Full Version : Sleepsacks

SoloMelody
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I am looking to buy sleepsacks for DD. It dosen't really get hot here in summer(seattle) and we keep our house a little on the cooler end like 65F.

So what would you recommend? Where can I get a good deal?
TIA

slworld
03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Currently we have the room heater at 68 (where DS sleeps) and have been using cotton ones for naps & fleece ones at night (we run the humidifier at night and it gets a little cooler). Some folks with mild climate use fleece ones all round the year and just dress the baby accordingly, like just diapers (& maybe a T-shirt) under the fleece sack in summer.

Marshalls has some fleece ones for $9.99. Cotton ones you can usually find in most stores. Also I have heard good things about grobags (you can probabaly do a search here) but have no experience with them.

abstonka
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I just found these at Big Lots last weekend, so I bought a couple for gifts. They were all 0 - 6 months size. Good luck!

mamaAnn
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
If you have a Carter's outlet close by I always see them there for less than $10. I bought a lightweight fleece one last month for just $5.
I've also seen the Carter's ones at Kohl's too.

There are lots of brands of these now in varying weight fabrics. I bet you can find a few different ones at larger dept stores like Penney's or Macy's, etc.

LMPC
03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I ordered some grobags off mamabargains a couple of months ago. They were the 2.5 tog ones -- so for cooler nurseries...DD seemed to sleep very well in them. They were roomy and soft. I would buy them again...and I think I will get some in 1 tog (for the summer) if I can find a good deal. We had some halo sleep sacks but they weren't as roomy.

jjordan
03-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Occasionally Halo ones are at Marshall's/TJMaxx.

nellonello
03-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I also live in Seattle and we love the Grobags. 2.5 tog for fall, winter and spring and then most of the summer we use 1.0 tog (except on those rare 90 degree days! I order them usually through Amazon.

SoloMelody
03-11-2009, 01:32 PM
thanks all.
I think I made my decision, will get grobags for spring/fall/winter and halo sleepsacks in cotton for summer.